Universal Orlando Resort is known for its exciting thrill rides. As with most large coasters, these rides have height requirements. You don’t have to miss out riding your favorite ride or attraction just because someone in your party isn’t quite tall enough, or not quite ready, though. With Universal’s child swap program, one adult can wait with the non-rider(s) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in line again!
How to Use Child Swap
1. All members of the party will go through the ride queue together. Let an attendant at the entrance know you want to use the child swap program. Once you reach the loading platform, at least one adult in your party and the guests who are not riding will be directed to wait in a nearby family/waiting room along with a child swap ticket. Let’s call this “group #2”. The family/waiting room is usually air-conditioned with a television.
2. The other party members (group #1) ride the roller coaster or attraction.
3. When they’re done, “group #1” takes over supervision of the non-riding children or guests in the family/waiting room.
4. “Group #2” turns in the ticket to the ride attendant and boards the attraction right away without having to wait in the queue! A third member of the party, either an adult or an older child, can ride twice, once with each switching-off adult, so that the switching-off adults don’t have to ride alone.
Attractions Offering Child Swap
- Fast & Furious – Supercharged
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Revenge of the Mummy
- The Simpsons Ride
- Transformers: The Ride-3D
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong
If you need help planning your perfect vacation, contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.
Written by Adjunct Professor Leah Ferguson, edited by Professor Jess Evans