Disney Springs is known as Walt Disney World’s center for shopping, entertainment, and dining outside of the theme parks. The area has changed a lot since it debuted in 1975 as the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village. In 1989 the district was changed to the nightclub-heavy Pleasure Island and then to Downtown Disney in 1997. In 2013 plans were announced to give the section a massive overhaul, officially changing it to Disney Springs in 2015.
Disney Springs may seem like just a place to eat and shop, but there are also many options for entertainment in the area. From movies to live music, there’s always something to see and experience when you need a break from the parks. The area is broken up into four different districts, each representing a period of the fictional town’s past. Disney Springs is accessible by Disney bus and boat transportation from the resorts, as well as by car and there is no admission fee to enter. We’ve compiled a list of all entertainment options in the area, and a little bit about them, so let’s take a look at all of the ways you can be entertained on your next visit.
- Marketplace Stage: This outdoor stage sits on the Lake Buena Vista waterfront and features bands, concerts and even a DJ-hosted Kids Dance Party. This is where school bands and performers who have been invited by Disney usually perform as well. A changing lineup of local artists and bands appear nightly from 7:30 pm to 11:15 pm.
- Paradiso 37: This eclectic Table Service restaurant serves dishes inspired by cuisine from North, Central, and South America. From 5 pm to 11 pm, guests can enjoy live Latin music with their dining experience.
- Raglan Road Live Music – Patio Stage: Raglan Road is known for its authentic British fare and beer selection, but it’s also one of the best spots for live entertainment at Disney Springs. Nightly, guests can enjoy a 90-minute live spectacle of Irish music and dance at the outdoor terrace of this popular pub. The Rhythms of Raglan Dance Show features numbers by 16 musicians and 8 dancers with backdrop projections helping to tell the stories of Irish folklore. The show performs four times daily from 4:30 pm to 10 pm.
- Waterview Park: This spot is a mini-amphitheater with a beautiful backdrop from Lake Buena Vista. This stage features an eclectic rotating lineup of musical acts and DJs. Performances occur from 6:30 pm to 10:15 pm, nightly.
- The Edison: This massive location features an industrial-gothic theme and is designed to resemble a 1920s electric company. There are multiple themed lounge areas and at 10 pm, the restaurant transforms into an entertainment hotspot for those 21 and over. Guests can mingle with stilt-walkers and steampunk characters, enjoy dancing to live music by The Edison’s house band and see performances from tasteful burlesque dancers and talented aerialist acrobats.
- Riverboat Square: Guests can enjoy live acoustic guitar and classical music from local artists this outdoor plaza near Paddlefish.
- AMC Movies at Disney Springs 24: This state-of-the-art movie theater offers guests a chance to relax and enjoy a movie break from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks. The theater has 24 screens showing the latest releases on big screens with plush seating. This location also features “Dine-In Movies” where guests can enjoy handcrafted food and cocktails, ordered from their reserved seat, during the screening. Guests must be 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or guardian that is 21 years or older for Dine-In movies.
- Exposition Park: This area contains Disney Springs food truck offerings serving tacos, comfort food, and items inspired by theme park restaurants. In the evenings, diners are entertained by a rotating lineup of bands, DJs, freestyle rap artists and more. Performances take place from 7:15 pm to 11 pm.
- House of Blues: This live music venue is one of many House of Blues locations across the country. Here guests can enjoy performances from well-known rock, country, R&B, Latin, reggae, metal, hip-hop, and blues artists. After the performances, the location switches to a dance club with DJs playing current hits. On Sundays, guests can attend a Gospel Brunch with live music and an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Live musical act performances require separate tickets. A list of upcoming shows and ticket purchasing can be found at the House of Blues Orlando website.
- NBA Experience: Here guests can live out their basketball fantasies with 13 interactive experiences. This location gives fans the full NBA player experience, from training to the championships. Guests can hear the roar of the crowd as they enter the arena, or put their basketball prowess to the test at ball skill activities. Entry to the NBA Experience requires a separate ticket purchase. Currently, 1-day tickets are available at $34 (plus tax) for adults, and $29 (plus tax) for children ages 3 to 9.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes: This classic bowling alley lets guests unwind with bowling, pool, live music and a full-service restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. The location is retro-themed and features 2 floors with 30 bowling lanes and 5 bars serving beer, wine, and cocktails. This is a great spot with entertainment for all ages.
- Sunshine Highline: Guests can enjoy live international music from a variety of performers at this stage under an old section of Disney Springs railroad track. This spot is located near the West Side Starbucks, making a great place to grab a coffee and enjoy some music.
- Stargazers Live Entertainment: This outdoor patio bar is connected to Planet Hollywood and offers guests nightly live entertainment. the bar features lie music from 7 pm to 11 pm in a relaxed and casual atmosphere with great views of the Disney Springs promenade.
If you need help planning your perfect vacation, contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.
Photos Courtesy Disney