*Updated to add Star Wars After Dark 1/29/2020
Disneyland After Dark events in 2019 were some of the best nights offered at the Disneyland Resort! These specially themed, after-hours park experience featuring unique entertainment, special food, one-of-a-kind photo opportunities, collectible merchandise and more! Today it was announced that 2020 will kick off with four After Hour events at the Disneyland Resort!
These separately ticketed evening events grant you special access to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park after closing. Select attractions will also remain open exclusively for event guests, usually with shorter wait times! In addition, you’ll receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the party to capture all of your Disneyland After Dark memories. Take a look at the details here:
80s Nite: Jan. 29, Disneyland Park
Stroll down memory lane during this throwback bash packed with totally tubular fun! Dust off those leg warmers, shoulder pads and other vintage looks for 80s Nite to enjoy:
- “Flashback To Videopolis!” takeover of the Fantasyland Theatre with a live VJ, music videos and dancers boogieing to the decade’s hottest hits.
- “Awesome After Dark – Fireworks To The Max!” fireworks show, high-energy musical entertainment and more.
- “Throwback”-style encounters with Disney friends of yesteryear.
- Immersive photo opportunities with a nostalgic twist.
- Decade-inspired décor, food, beverages and merchandise offerings.
- Access to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m.
Sweethearts’ Nite: Feb. 12 and Feb. 13, Disneyland Park
The Happiest Place on Earth will once again transform into the most romantic—with an extra pinch of pixie dust! If you missed last year’s Sweethearts’ Nite, now is your chance to experience the ultimate date night in style with:
- Love song-themed dance parties throughout the park, as well as a glitzy royal ball.
- Encounters with darling Disney couples, including Cinderella and Prince Charming, Aladdin and Jasmine, and of course, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Romantic photo opportunities featuring sweet scenes from iconic Disney films.
- Lovely décor, food, beverages and merchandise offerings.
- Access to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m.
PIXAR Nite: Mar. 5, Disney California Adventure Park
Spend an exciting night celebrating some of the world’s best-loved stories and characters from Pixar Animation Studios! Proudly wear your Pixar-best and check out all that Pixar Nite has to offer, including:
- Interactive dance parties themed to favorite Pixar stories, including the retro-cool Incredibles family and scare-tastic gang from Monsters, Inc.
- Encounters with crowd-pleasing Pixar pals, including Russel and Carl from “Up” and Joy and Sadness from “Inside Out.”
- Playfully fun photo opportunities.
- Whimsical décor, food, beverages and merchandise offerings.
- Access to Disney California Adventure park starting at 5 p.m.
Villains Nite: Apr. 30, Disney California Adventure Park
Unleash your inner villain at a deliciously sinister soiree bursting with Disney’s most mischievous misfits! Villains Nite will summon you to come dressed in garb inspired by Disney Villains and experience:
- Villains Cabaret with a cast of outlaws singing and dancing their way through a riff-raff-lovin’ revue.
- Spellbinding DJ-hosted dance parties and sing-alongs throughout the park.
- Encounters with some of Disney’s famously nefarious fiends or their henchmen!
- Photo opportunities themed to popular villain lairs and thrones.
- Dastardly décor, food, beverages and merchandise offerings.
- Access to Disney California Adventure park starting at 6 p.m.
Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite: August 27 Disneyland Park
Prepare for the ultimate Star Wars extravaganza, where Guests are transported from Tomorrowland to the far reaches of the galaxy and back—all in one incredible night!
On August 27, Disneyland Park will host Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite, a separately ticketed after-hours event where lands converge for an otherworldly adventure like none other. The journey begins at Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland, includes favorite Disneyland Park offerings plus special experiences and culminates in Batuu’s auspicious Twin Moons Eclipse Day celebration at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Partygoers of all ages will be granted after-hours access to enjoy character encounters, fireworks, photo ops, dancing, entertainment, food, merchandise, attractions, décor and more. Commemorative credentials and a souvenir event guide are also included.
Visit Disneyland.com for more details and pricing for these Disneyland After Dark events. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. A limited quantity of tickets for each event will be available.
Source: Disney Parks Blog