Disney is about to ring in the New Year with a BANG at Epcot! Plugging along with the continued renovations, they have announced some big changes happening over the next few weeks that guests need to be prepared for.
First up, On January 4, 2020, Mouse Gear will have its final day of operation in its current location and will reopen in its temporary location in Innoventions East on January 5, 2020. The temporary location will also be called Mouse Gear. The new store will likely be MUCH smaller to accommodate the temporary location.
Next, on January 5, 2020, the character greetings in Innoventions West will close or move to new locations, including:
- Mickey Mouse will greet Guests in the queue area of Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival in the Imagination! pavilion
- Minnie Mouse will greet Guests in the World Showcase Gazebo. As a result of Minnie’s move, Daisy will relocate to Future World East.
- Goofy will greet Guests in the Main Entrance near Spaceship Earth.
- Joy will greet Guests in the Imagination! pavilion, near Wreck-it Ralph in the ImageWorks area.
- Sadness and Baymax will not be available to greet guests at this time.
As these changes are taking place there will also be a shift in walkways throughout Epcot. Rose Walk has been completed but the walkway leading to the Family Play Zone is still under construction. Coming soon and continuing through January 2020, new walkways will open connecting the west side of the Main Entrance to the promenade near The Seas with Nemo & Friends; and the east side of the Main Entrance to Future World East near Mission: SPACE and the new, temporary Mouse Gear location.
There is also a temporary Starbucks opened this week for those who just can’t wait to get their java fix.
To get a complete list of all of the changes coming to Epcot in 2020 click here!