Bright Suns! This morning the newest ride, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, has opened at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World. We previewed the new ride yesterday and can assure you it is one of the best attractions Disney has ever brought to one of their parks.
To control wait times for the attraction Disney has set up “Boarding Groups” on the My Disney Experience App allowing guests to request a return time for the ride once they have entered the park.
How does it work?
- Once you enter Disney’s Hollywood Studios simply open the My Disney Experience App
- Click “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” on the main screen, and you will see the above image to “Join Boarding Group.”
- You are then issued a return time to come back to the attraction at a later point in the day.
- Once your time has been activated, you return to the attraction and use your boarding group like a FastPass to enter the ride.
***After trying this first hand, we have added a few tips:
- We would suggest arriving at least an hour before Hollywood Studios opens via Lyft or Uber to ensure you are able to arrive in plenty of time to get a place in line at the park.
- Note that it takes the app several minutes to acknowledge you are in the park. You may choose to go up to a Cast Member with an iPad to have them scan your bands to give you a boarding group instead. This may substantially cut down on your wait.
It’s simple, convenient, and just one more way Disney has utilized their technology to enhance the guest experience. Stay tuned for more video and our review of the incredible ride later today!