January 17th, 2020 is a big day for those traveling to the Disneyland Resort! Not only does Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance open, Chinese New Year begins at Disney California Adventure! This year is all about Mickey and Minnie as it is the “Year of the Mouse!”
The “Year of the Mouse” will be 24 days of multicultural entertainment and musical performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine, specialty merchandise and more.
Take a look at The Year of the Mouse celebration here:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” – Celebratory parade led by Mulan that honors Lunar New Year and dedicates the new year’s blessings to family and friendship. Talented performers bring dance, martial arts and drumming to enhance the beautifully colorful procession, which will run several times, daily.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” – Nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color,” which tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune.
- Disney Character Encounters – Beloved characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will don new festive Lunar New Year attire this year as they greet guests at Paradise Gardens. You may also see Mulan, Pluto, and the Three Little Pigs.
- Asian Cuisine – Enjoy four festive marketplaces to experience delightful food and beverages inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, including Longevity Noodle Co., Lucky 8 Lantern, Prosperity Bao & Buns and Red Dragon Spice Traders. If you’re looking to taste your way through the marketplaces, the popular Sip and Savor pass* will be available for purchase.
- Entertainment – Live, daily performances by authentic Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese dancers and musicians will take place throughout Paradise Gardens Park.
- Kid-friendly Crafts and Activities – Enjoy complimentary arts and crafts, including dragon’s pearl coloring craft and Chinese calligraphy with local artisans. Plus, new face painting opportunities have been added to the celebration, available for purchase.
- Lucky Wishing Wall – After strolling beneath strings of ornamental lanterns in Paradise Gardens, write down wishes and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future.
- Commemorative Merchandise – Discover all-new spirit jerseys, fun bobble-head figures with Chip and Dale, a traditional red envelope set, themed Minnie Mouse ear headbands and more.
If you haven’t booked a trip to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure yet, it’s time! Our friends at Key to the World Travel can help you with all your travel needs.