We are all missing the parks right about now. Some of us are wishing we could bring a little Disney Magic home with us! We have decided to make a “Disney Food at Home” series of Disney Parks recipes for you to try for yourself at home!
In the first series, we are going to give you our recipe to make frozen Dole Whip, or pineapple whip, at home. Try it for yourself and then let us know how it worked out for you! Post your photos of your family on Instagram with #themeparkprofessor and we could feature your Dole Whip!
Frozen Dole Whip
Supplies needed: food processor, bowl, spatula, and willing test subjects
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 cups (16oz/450g ) small chunks frozen Pineapple *Must be frozen
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) of low-fat coconut milk (or milk of choice, almond, regular)
- Place the coconut milk and frozen chunks of pineapple into a food processor or high powered blender. (the pineapple has to be frozen)
- Turn on the food processor and blend until the consistency becomes creamy.
- You will have to stop several times and scoop down the pineapple.
- Keep blending until all of the pineapple chunks are gone and the mix is smooth.
- Enjoy immediately as it is ‘soft serve’ and should be eaten straight away.
- If you want to freeze a little you can, just know it does freeze solid once frozen and is no longer soft.
*You can also add raspberries, lime, strawberry, or any other fruit to re-create some of the special flavors they sometimes release.
You can make it an adult Dole Whip by adding a shot of rum to it too!
Photos Courtesy Leah Ferguson, KTTW Travel
Now is the time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence! There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.