We are all missing the parks right about now. Some of us are wishing we could bring a little Disney Magic home with us! We have decided to make a “Disney Food at Home” series of Disney Parks recipes for you to try for yourself at home!
In the first series, we are going to give you our recipe to make homemade Macadamia Nut Pancakes from Kona Kafe at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Try it for yourself and then let us know how it worked out for you! Post your photos of your family on Instagram with #themeparkprofessor and we could feature your Macadamia Nut Pancakes!
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups toasted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 1 can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Macadamia Nut Butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup toasted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- Sift flour into a medium bowl, then add sugar, baking powder, salt, and macadamia nuts.
- Stir until combined.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and extracts and beat until all ingredients are moistened and the batter is smooth.
- On a heated, lightly greased skillet or electric griddle, pour 1/4 cup per pancake onto the skillet and cook until bubbles form through the pancake and the sides look cooked.
- Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Top with pineapple sauce and nut butter, if desired.
- Serve warm.
- Combine all ingredients and spread on a cookie sheet or dish.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 until slightly browned.
- If the chutney-like sauce is too dry, add some of the liquid that was drained from the crushed pineapple.
Macadamia Nut Butter
- Combine all ingredients
- Beat together with a fork until creamy.
- Serve either chilled or at room temperature
- Store in the fridge.
Recipe from The Disney Chef
Now is the time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence! There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.