This afternoon the office of Orange County Mayor, Jerry Demings announced that Walt Disney World and SeaWorld Orlando’s proposals for reopening were approved.
Walt Disney World will reopen on July 11th, and SeaWorld Orlando will reopen on June 10th. Both proposals were brought to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force on Wednesday of this week. The Task Force voted and approved the plan pushing it on to the Mayor’s office for final approval.
Walt Disney World’s proposal included the following guidelines:
- Phased re-opening of Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom on July 11th
- Phased re-opening of Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot July 15th
- Previews of park opening at invitation-only(more information to come)
- Reservations will be needed to get into the parks when they reopen. A new system will be announced soon.
- Masks are required for all guests over the age of 3 and Cast Members
- Guests and Cast members will have thermal temperature checks before entry to the parks. Cast will have to check at home before they leave for work as well.
- Character meet and greets will be paused
- Fireworks and parades will be paused
- Cashless payments will be introduced and plexiglass will be installed to create a touchless payment proceedure
- QR Coded menus for dining and mobile ordering. Disposable paper maps will also be available
- More information will be sent to guests through the My Disney Experience App and online to communicate with guests
- Signage will be visible throughout the parks for guests
- A Social Distance Squad will be created to help guests in Disney Springs and throughout the parks
SeaWorld Orlando’s proposal was slightly different:
- signs will be present in locations all over the park
- Face coverings for guests over the age of 2 and employees
- social distancing will be taking place
- cashless payment systems in place
- plexiglass barriers in place to keep guests and employees at a safe distance
- temperature screening required for guests and staff
- dining will have distancing of tables for seating
- shopping and stores will have signage on the floor to help with social distancing.
- merchandise scanning will be through the plexiglass
- animal interactions will be carefully monitored to ensure social distancing
- public spaces will be sanitized more frequently than previously maintained
Now is the time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence! There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.