Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea has announced they will reopen on July 1st, 2020! We officially have reopening dates for all Disney parks. The following press release was sent out this morning from Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea:
This is to share the decision that both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea will reopen on July 1, 2020.
With the reopening of both parks, we are implementing measures in accordance with the Amusement Park and Theme Park New Coronavirus Infection Containment Guidelines that were developed based on the government’s Basic Policies for Novel Coronavirus Disease Control, and additionally are following government agency guidance to give top priority to the health and safety of our guests and cast members in our operations.
We will be deliberate in our operations, thoroughly implementing health and safety measures such as controlled capacity through limits on attendance, limited visitors in attractions, shops, restaurants, and other facilities, regular cleaning and sanitization, proactively requesting guests to maintain social distancing, among other things.
We will also endeavor to promote health and safety by having the information filled in for the primary contact person when guests purchase tickets.
1. Basic approach to promoting health and safety
We will implement health and safety measures based on the following three points:
- ・ Be attentive to the health conditions of everyone involved with the parksincluding guests and cast members
- ・ Conductenhancedcleaningandsanitizationmeasures
- ・ Implement social distancing and provide thoroughly ventilated airconditioning
* Refer to guidelines for details. (https://www.e-yuenchi.com/pdf/amusement_park_guideline.pdf)
June 23, 2020
2. Requests to guests visiting the parks
- ・ TakepartintemperaturescreeningTemperature screenings will be conducted during admission time, and guests with a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or above or cold-like symptoms will be asked to refrain from entering.
- ・ Wearmasks
Guests will be required to wear masks at all times inside the parks, except when dining.
However, in order to prevent heat stroke, during the summer season when the temperature and humidity are high, if guests are outdoors with adequate distance from other people, masks may be removed
- ・ Maintainsocialdistancing
Markings are installed to maintain the necessary distance in facility queue lines, seats, restaurant tables, benches, etc., and guests are asked to cooperate in order to maintain social distancing.
- ・ Washandsanitizehands
Hand sanitizers are placed in attractions, shops, restaurants, restrooms and other locations in the Park, so please sanitize hands and fingers and wash hands regularly.
- ・ Other
Cashless transactions such as credit cards and electronic money are recommended.
If guests become ill after entering the park, they may be asked to leave depending on their symptoms.* Individuals for whom the following applies are asked to refrain from visiting.
- ・ Guests who have been in close contact with individuals who have testedpositive for the new coronavirus
- ・ Guests who have family members or close acquaintance who are suspected ofbeing infected
- ・ Guests who have been to countries or areas that the government has bannedentry from, or requires monitoring after entering the country, as well as guests who have been in close contact with residents of the above, in the last 14 days* Elderly people and people with medical conditions who may develop serious symptoms if infected are advised to consider cautiously whether to visit the parks.
- Park operations overview
Duration: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 – until further notice Operating hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.* In both parks, attractions, entertainment, shops and restaurants will operate with reduced capacity or will be closed.* For information on the main services and operating status of each facility, please refer to the Tokyo Disney Resort® Official Website. (https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/index.html)
- Admission tickets
Tickets will be sold from 3 p.m. on June 25, 2020 on the Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservations & Tickets website (https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ ). Until further notice, only guests who have purchased fixed-date tickets online will be allowed to enter.* Tickets will be offered up to approximately one month ahead.
* Five tickets can be purchased at a time.
* On the Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservations & Tickets website, guestswill be required to enter their personal information (payments can only be made by credit cards).* Guests staying at the Disney hotels, Tokyo Disney Resort Official Hotels, as
well as Tokyo Disney Resort Partner Hotels should inquire about admission tickets at each hotel.・Available tickets
In order to maintain social distancing at the area around the entrance, 3 types of tickets with different entry times will be sold.
|8,200 yen||6,900 yen||4,900 yen|
|Fixed Date Time Passport(11:00 a.m.)||From 11:00 a.m.||7,300 yen||6,100 yen||4,300 yen|
|Fixed Date Time Passport (2:00 p.m.)||From 2:00 p.m.||6,300 yen||5,400 yen||3,800 yen|
* Please note that all tickets other than the above, including Open Tickets, Annual Passports, Revisit Passports will not be admitted.
- FY2020 Schedule (April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021)
For the Tokyo Disneyland large-scale development project, the opening will be determined and the opening date announced at a later date after observing the situation at both parks following reopening.
Some changes have been made to the the events and programs for FY2020.* For details, please refer to the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Website (https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/index.html )
- Unused tickets during park closure period
For the following tickets, expiration date will be extended to March 31, 2022, or a refund can be issued:
・ Fixed-Date Tickets with admission date starting February 29, 2020 orexpiration date through April 30, 2021
・ Open Tickets with expiration date from February 29, 2020 to April 30, 2021
* Please refer to the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Website for details. (https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/topics/20200228_important.html)
- Annual Passports
Measures are being taken for guests holding Annual Passports which expire on or after February 29, 2020 to be eligible for the following・Extension of the expiration period or refund
・Online purchase of merchandise and admission lotteryPark merchandise items will be offered in the Tokyo Disney Resort
App so they can be purchased without visiting the Park. In addition, a lottery will be set up to allocate a portion of Park admissions to guests holding Annual Passports during the period when Annual Passports cannot be used for Park admission. Details will be announced on the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Website as soon as they are determined.
- Impact to business results
The impact to our company’s business performance is uncertain at this point in time, but if anything that must be disclosed occurs, we will issue a notice promptly.
All of the cast members will work together to operate the parks so that guests are able to enjoy the experience. There may be instances in which we cause inconvenience to our guests but ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.
Source: Tokyo Disneyland