Jurassic Park at Universal’s Islands of Adventure is the perfect place for the dinosaur fan in your family. The land is based around the popular series of films where a reckless billionaire brings dinosaurs back to life. Here you can soar above the trees by way of Pteranodon, let the kids romp through a dinosaur-themed playground, and make a watery escape from some terrifying park exhibits. The land is currently undergoing a refurbishment that will add a new thrilling rollercoaster sometime in the near future.
- Jurassic Park River Adventure (EP): This exciting water ride is the main attraction in the land. Guests must make a harrowing escape from all sorts of hungry dinosaurs as they begin to wreak havoc on the park. This attraction ends in an 85-foot drop that is sure to get you wet! Guests must be 42″ or taller to ride, those under 48″ will need a supervising companion.
- Pteranodon Flyers: Get a bird’s eye (or dinosaur’s eye) view of Jurassic Park with a spin on this high-flying ride. Guests are whipped around in baskets hanging below giant pteranodons with 10-foot wings as they glide through the land. This is a fun ride that’s perfect for little ones. Guests must be 36″ or taller to ride. Those over 56” tall must be accompanied by a rider meeting the 36” height requirement.
- Camp Jurassic: Let the kids blow off some prehistoric steam in this gigantic play and exploration area. Kids can romp through areas like amber mines, dinosaur capture nets, themed slides, and suspension bridges. Parents can follow along, or enjoy a much-needed sit.
- Jurassic Park Discovery Center: Guests can learn more about our prehistoric predecessors at this interactive attraction. The center has various game-based exhibits that let you test your DNA to find your dinosaur counterpart or answer dinosaur trivia questions. There’s even a recreation of Jurassic Park’s nursery where you might be lucky enough to catch a dino birth.
Visitors to Jurassic Park can get an up-close and personal visit with one of the land’s most terrifying inhabitants. The Raptor Encounter isn’t your usual character meet and greet, here you can get right next to Blue the Raptor (star of Jurassic World), for photos and a few nips at your back. This is one of Universal Orlando’s best character experiences and the combination of a masterfully created costume with realistic sounds make it a fun and often hilarious encounter. Guests can also meet some of Jurassic Park’s staff as they often bring out a new baby dinosaur to show off. These encounters are not on a posted schedule, and their location can change. Just keep an eye out for a Jurassic Park worker carrying a tiny Triceratops!
- Thunder Falls Terrace (DP): This Quick Service location serves a menu that caters to carnivores and herbivores alike. Guests can enjoy dishes like rotisserie chicken, BBQ ribs, smoked turkey legs, rice bowls, salads, and more. The dining room provides a great view of the splashdown ending of Jurassic Park River Adventure.
- Pizza Predattoria (DP): Quick Service Italian offerings like pizza, pasta, meatball subs, and Ceaser salads. Offers indoor and outdoor covered seating.
- The Burger Digs (DP): It’s not a theme park without burgers, and Jurassic Park is no exception. I know what you’re thinking but no, these burgers aren’t made from the dinosaurs who didn’t perform well enough on the ride. They are the standard ones you expect from a theme park served alongside onion rings and fries. This spot is located inside the Jurassic Park Discovery Center and lets you enjoy your meal while taking in the fossil exhibits.
- The Watering Hole: This dino-themed bar serves a wide variety of beverages like beer, wine, frozen cocktails, fountain sodas, and lemonade. There is also a selection of snacks like nachos, pretzels, and churros.
- Dinostore: This shop is located inside the Jurassic Park Discovery Center and is the perfect place to grab a prehistoric souvenir. This shop has anything and everything based around dinosaurs as well as Jurassic Park. Items include collectibles, toys, apparel, books, fossil replicas, and dinosaur-themed educational toys.
- Jurassic Outfitters: This store also serves as the exit for Jurassic Park River Adventure. Although the shop sells a pretty wide selection of Jurassic Park items, the focus here is on clothing. You can also purchase a towel here, which might come in handy after the ride!
Now is the time to plan your perfect Universal Orlando vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence! There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.
Photos Courtesy Universal