Seuss Landing at Universal’s Islands of Adventure is the place where the classic stories of Dr. Seuss come to life. This fantastical land lets guests step inside the storybooks that we’ve all come to know and love over the decades. The land feels truly “otherworldly” with impossible angled buildings and twisting trees throughout. Here guests can join The Cat in the Hat for some silly adventures, take an elevated trolley tour, and see some of their favorite Dr. Seuss stories performed live. The land becomes even more magical during the holiday season when the town of Whoville and The Grinch take over to celebrate Christmas.
- The Cat in the Hat: Jump inside the beloved Cat in the Hat stories as you tour a mixed-up house that has been taken over by the Cat with Thing One and Thing Two in tow. Guests must be 36″ or taller to ride, those under 48″ will need a supervising companion.
- Caro-Seuss-el (EP): This classic merry-go-round has been given a Dr. Seuss twist with the standard horses replaced with characters from the stories. You can even control your character’s movement by making their eyes, ears, and heads turn. Guests under 48″ will need a supervising companion.
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride! (EP): This slow-moving trolley takes guests high above Seuss Landing for a tour in and out of the land’s buildings and attractions. The ride actually has two paths it can take, one tells the story of the Sneetches while the other takes you through a sort of “best of” review of Dr. Seuss stories. Guests must be 36″ or taller to ride, those under 48″ will need a supervising companion.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish: Hop inside a flying fish and take a spin around a giant fountain. This attraction is basically the classic twirl ride made famous by Dumbo the Flying Elephant. The difference here is guests must listen to the ride’s song and maneuver their fish accordingly to avoid getting sprayed by the fountains. Guests under 48″ will need a supervising companion.
- If I Ran the Zoo: Let the little ones blow off some steam in this whimsical play area featuring extraordinary animals from Gerald McGrew’s zoo. The play area offers standard playground offerings like slides and games as well as water play features.
- Oh! The Stories You’ll Hear!: Join some of your favorite Seuss characters like The Cat in the Hat, Thing One, and Thing Two, Sam-I-am (of Green Eggs and Ham), The Grinch, and The Lorax for musical retellings of classic Dr. Seuss stories. Multiple shows daily.
It wouldn’t be a land based around the works of Dr. Seuss without the crazy and endearing characters that make his stories so relatable. Luckily you can rub elbows with some of your favorite Seuss Landing citizens at various character meet and greets throughout the land. Although the lineup is subject to change, guests can meet characters like The Cat in the Hat, Sam-I-Am, Things One and Two, and The Grinch during the holidays. Locations and times change daily, so check your park map for the current schedule.
- Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (DP): This Quick Service location serves standard theme park fare like fried chicken, spaghetti, pizza, and cheeseburgers in a circus setting with a Seuss twist. The theming is truly over-the-top (or over-the-big-top if you will) and features colorful statues of silly circus performers. While dining, make sure to look above as you’ll see The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride pass through the building.
- Green Eggs and Ham Cafe: You certainly can’t miss this Quick Service counter, as it’s housed inside a gigantic recreation of Sam-I-Am’s favorite dish. Guests can make their way to the massive green ham inside the land’s entrance to enjoy a selection of tasty tater tot dishes like pizza tots, Buffalo chicken tots, and of course Green Eggs and Ham tots.
- Moose Juice, Goose Juice (DP): Snack and beverage stop serving fountain beverages, juice, fruit cups, churros, pretzels, cookies, and more
- Hop on Pop Ice Cream Shop (DP): Ice cream, soda floats, sundaes, and Dippin’ Dots
- Snookers & Snookers Sweet Candy Cookers: Dr. Seuss fans with a sweet tooth will want to make a stop at Snookers & Snookers. This shop is located right near the exit of The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride and has a wide variety of snacks both sweet and savory as well as a few Seuss Landing souvenirs.
- Cats Hats and Things: This shop at the exit to The Cat in the Hat ride sells a lineup of Dr. Seuss apparel, toys, and souvenirs as well as some standard Universal Orlando merchandise.
- All The Books You Can Read: Take home some of the stories that inspired Seuss Landing at this shop selling Dr. Seuss books, apparel, toys, and DVDs. There’s even a kid’s reading area with tables for little ones to enjoy.
Now is the time to plan your perfect Universal Orlando vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence! There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.
Photos Courtesy Universal