Universal Orlando Resort has quickly become a multi-day destination for vacationing families. With two theme parks, a water park, and an entertainment district, there’s a lot to see and do in a day. That’s why it’s imperative to start your adventure off right and make sure your whole family is prepared with the most important meal of the day, breakfast! The last thing you want is to hit that dreaded exhaustion wall before you’ve had the chance to experience everything the resort has to offer. Luckily, Universal has a good selection of both Quick and Full Service restaurants serving breakfast to help you have an epic day.
Trattoria del Porto
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is known as Universal Orlando’s top hotel. This Premier level resort offers luxury accommodations in an Italian theme. The hotel also serves a breakfast buffet of hot dishes, baked goods, fruit, coffee, and custom omelets from 7 to 11 AM. This spot also offers beautiful views of the hotel’s harbor as well as a kid’s play area so that the little ones can blow off some morning steam while parents wait for their coffee to kick in.
If you want to start your day like a rockstar, then head to Hard Rock Hotel for an “amped up” breakfast at The Kitchen. This Full Service location serves a breakfast menu fit for music royalty with options like omelets, pancakes, French toast, smoked salmon, and more. This spot also has a phenomenal Bloody Mary if you need something to take the edge off of last night’s CityWalk excitement. The Kitchen begins breakfast service at 7 AM on most days and offers a Sunday brunch from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
Nothing beats a morning watching the sunrise on a tropical oasis. While Universal Orlando may not be anywhere near the islands, you can still enjoy a bit of coastal atmosphere at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort’s Amatista Cookhouse. This Full Service spot serves standard breakfast offerings as well as some island-inspired dishes like Caribbean French toast and sweet plantain with apple fritters. Breakfast is served from 7 AM to 11 AM and the restaurant’s bright and airy atmosphere is sure to help brighten your morning.
Islands Dining Room
Universal Orlando also has a second tropical dining location at Loews Royal Pacific Resort’s Islands Dining Room. This luxurious restaurant celebrates the South Seas with beautiful island-themed decor and some delicious exotic flavors. Guests can enjoy a breakfast buffet, as well as a selection of a la carte items from 7 AM to 11 AM Monday through Friday, and 7 AM to noon on Saturdays and Sundays. I highly recommend the Hawaiian pancakes if you’re a fan of pineapple!
Despicable Me Character Breakfast
If your family is looking to start the day with some comical hijinks, then you’ll want to take advantage of the resort’s only character breakfast. The Despicable Me Character Breakfast offers guests a full breakfast buffet with included photos and interactions from the Minions, Gru, Margo, Edith, and Agnes from the popular movie series. Your meal includes a pre-dining photo op as well as visits from all of the characters throughout your meal. This dining experience takes place in the Tahitian Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort on Saturdays only. Seating times can be reserved for 8, 9:30, and 11 AM.
Quick Service Breakfast Options
- Beach Break Cafe (Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites): Breakfast sandwiches, burritos, and pizzas
- Starbucks (various locations): Coffee, pastries, and baked goods
- Croissant Moon Bakery (Universal’s Islands of Adventure): Breakfast sandwiches and burritos as well as pastries and coffee
- San Francisco Pastry Company (Universal Studios Florida): Breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and coffee
- Bayliner Diner (Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort): Large selection of breakfast items like waffles, eggs, flatbreads, and pastries
- Three Broomsticks (Universal’s Islands of Adventure): Classic British fare like porridge as well as some standard American breakfast items
- Leaky Cauldron (Universal Studios Florida): Similar to the menu at Three Broomsticks
- Emack & Bolio’s Marketplace (Hard Rock Hotel): Breakfast sandwiches, waffles, pastries, and coffee
- Voodoo Doughnut (Universal CityWalk): Over 50 types of inventive and delicious doughnuts (our favorite quick breakfast spot!)
- Cinnabon (Universal CityWalk): Gigantic cinnamon rolls and coffee
- Today Cafe (Universal Studios Florida): Breakfast sandwiches, baked goods, and coffee
- Tuk Tuk Market (Loews Royal Pacific Resort): Breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and coffee
- Urban Pantry (Universal’s Aventura Hotel): Pancakes, waffles, French toast, and breakfast platters
- New Dutch Trading Co. (Loews Sapphire Falls Resort): Breakfast sandwiches, baked goods, and coffee
Now is the time to plan your perfect Universal Orlando vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence! There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.
Photos Courtesy Universal