Walt Disney World has reopened all of its theme parks and is welcoming guests back to the resort. With the reopening come many changes in how we will experience the parks for the foreseeable future. In an effort to help combat the spread of COVID-19, many new cleaning and safety procedures have been adopted throughout the resort. One of the biggest changes is the requirement that all guests ages 2 and up must wear a mask with ear loops or ties while in public areas of the parks, hotels, and Disney Springs. Luckily, Disney has set up many areas throughout the parks where guests may take a break and remove their masks. These areas are referred to by Disney as “Relaxation Stations”.
Every theme park in Walt Disney World has multiple Relaxation Stations where guests are allowed to remove their masks as long as they continue to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. There are outdoor stations as well as air-conditioned indoor stations that can be a great break from the Florida heat.
Stations are equipped with seating, tables, and open spaces that are distanced 10 feet apart and each with enough room for multiple guests. Areas that are open to rest in are usually indicated with large circles on the floor. Any unavailable areas are marked with signs indicating that they are being left empty to ensure spacing. Indoor stations have arrows to dedicated entrances and exits that guests are asked to follow to keep required distancing. Hand sanitizer dispensers can be found at all locations as well.
Relaxation Station Locations
- Tomorrowland Terrace (Tomorrowland)
- Golden Oak Outpost (Frontierland)
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow (Storybook Circus) *Indoors
- Near Mission Space and Test Track (Future World East)
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop (U.K. Pavilion, World Showcase)
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway Pavilion, World Showcase) *Indoors
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Next to the open air market (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Star Wars Launch Bay (Animation Courtyard) *Indoors
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Upcountry Landing (Across from UP! A Great Bird Adventure)
- Pizzafari Restaurant (Discovery Island) *Indoors
Now is the time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence! There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.