There’s a slight chill in the air, the leaves are beginning to change, and the Mickey Jack o Lanterns are being hung high. That means that Fall is here at Walt Disney World! While this year has seen many drastic changes to how we enjoy the resort after its lengthy closure, Disney has been working overtime to still bring some of the fun and festivities of Halloween to guests visiting during the Fall. Sadly, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party has been canceled until next year but that doesn’t mean there won’t be anything spooky happening this year. From September 15 to October 31, the resort is rolling out some festive offerings that are sure to “raise your spirits” and help you celebrate Halloween in style.
One of the bigger changes to experiencing the resort during its phased reopening comes to characters. While meet and greets have been temporarily suspended to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, you can still see and say hi to some of your favorite Disney friends in daily cavalcades at Magic Kingdom. These are short parades featuring characters riding in cars, floats, and even boats that appear throughout the day in the parks. During the Fall guests can look forward to seeing characters all dressed up in their costumes in a Halloween themed cavalcade. Characters can also be found randomly throughout the park, usually in areas sectioned off from guests, posing for distanced photos. For the Fall you might run into Chip and Dale in Frontierland or see catch a few characters as they ride down Main Street USA aboard the trolley. Villains fans can rejoice as Disney’s most dastardly characters make appearances on select days. And it wouldn’t be Halloween without the Pumpkin King himself, so make sure you keep an eye out for Jack Skellington who will be leading a nightmarish procession.
It wouldn’t be a Disney parks celebration without some themed snacks, and this year is no exception. During the Fall celebration, guests can enjoy a wide variety of Halloween themed snacks and sweets throughout the resort. Not only do these treats look frighteningly good they are also full of Fall flavors like pumpkin spice waffle sundaes and frozen apple cider. There will be a number of souvenir sippers, popcorn buckets, and more on hand to take home a bit of the Halloween fun. Here is the full list of offerings for this year:
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll (Available at Main Street Bakery) – Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll drizzled with orange and white icing
- Cinnamon Donuts (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Served in a Hitchhiking Ghost Novelty container
- Hades Nachos (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeño
- Constance’s For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake (Available at Liberty Square Market) – Citrus cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, whipped cream flowers, and a chocolate axe
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae (Available at Sleepy Hollow) –Pumpkin spice-flavored waffled topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sprinkles
- Poor Unfortunate Souls Float (Available at Storybook Treats) – Cream cheese soft-serve, black raspberry syrup, and Coke
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, sprinkles, and a Mickey-shaped marshmallow straw
- Pumpkin Spice Soft-Serve Sundae (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Served as a sundae topped with whipped cream, caramel, and sprinkles
- Mickey Monster Mash Burger (Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café) – Burger with Meunster cheese, potato barrels, bacon, and sriracha aïoli
- Headless Horseman Rides Again (Available at Sunshine Tree Terrace) – Strawberry DOLE® Whip with Fanta Strawberry and a Headless Horseman Novelty Straw
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake (Available at Pinocchio Village House) – A spiced apple cupcake with pecan crunch buttercream themed after a poison apple
- Orange and Black Sugar Churros (Available at Various Churro Carts and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café)
- Oogie Boogie Dice Novelty Glow Cubes (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Jack Skellington Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants and Outdoor Vending Locations)
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Mickey Pumpkin Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Liberty Square Popcorn Cart)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Madame Leota Sipper (Available at Sleepy Hollow)
- Halloween Cupcake (Available on Halloween Day Only at Sunshine Seasons) – Choice of vanilla or chocolate cupcake with buttercream and a Mickey Pumpkin garnish
- Nemo & Squirt’s Noggin Concoction (Available on Halloween Day Only at Coral Reef Restaurant) – Chocolate brownie stuffed with a chocolate chip cookie topped with white chocolate-covered pretzels and a Mickey Pumpkin Garnish
- Halloween Sugar Cookie (Available on Halloween Day Only at Traveler’s Café and Garden Grill) – Sugar cookie topped with Halloween Sprinkles
- Liquid Nitro Cake Pop (Available on Halloween Day Only at Desserts & Champagne Marketplace in World Showplace for EPCOT Taste of International Food & Wine Festival) – Liquid nitro chocolate cake pop with Halloween sprinkles
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available Canada Popcorn Cart and Fife & Drum)
- Green Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Eats at EPCOT Experience and Mission Space Popcorn Cart)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at all EPCOT Popcorn Locations)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Sunshine Seasons and Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Scar Cupcake (Available at Creature Comforts, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Restaurantosaurus) – Red velvet cupcake with toasted marshmallow filling, chocolate marshmallow frosting, chocolate pebbles, white chocolate flames, and an edible icing image
- Spooky Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Non-Alcoholic) (Available at Flame Tree Barbecue and Isle of Java) – Sprite with Monin Apple Syrup poured over ice, garnished with a rock candy apple straw, a gummy worm, a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and a sugar lime rim
- Rotten Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Alcoholic) (Available Flame Tree Barbecue) – Angry Orchard and Fireball Cinnamon Whisky over ice, garnished with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and gummy worms
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Tamu Tamu, Trek Snacks, Restaurantosaurus, TriloBites, and Outdoor Vending Ice Cream Carts)
- Purple Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Trek Snacks)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at Trek Snacks)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Poison Candied Apple (Available at Trolley Car Café) – Apple and caramel mousse covered in red glaze with a crunchy candy base
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cannoli (Available at PizzeRizzo) – Pumpkin cheesecake mixed with a hazelnut praline crunch in a cannoli shell
- Pumpkin Tiramisu (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café) – Layers of cream mascarpone and spiced pumpkin cake
- Box of Bones Chocolate Éclair (Available at Backlot Express) – Chocolate éclair with dark chocolate mousse and white chocolate bones
- Frozen Apple Cider (Non-Alcoholic) (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, and PizzeRizzo) – Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Frozen Apple Cider with Crown Royal Regal Apple (Alcoholic) (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, and PizzeRizzo) – Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Orange Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Anahiem Produce, Hollywood Popcorn, and Animation Popcorn)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, PizzeRizzo, and Anaheim Produce)
If you’re looking to add some Halloween fun to your dining at Walt Disney World, you can make a reservation for a returning Table Service experience at Hollywood and Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Starting September 25, Minnie Mouse will host a family-style meal featuring a lineup of Disney friends ready for Halloween. Minnie will be dressed as a happy witch, Goofy is coming as a spooky cowboy, Mickey Mouse as a funny vampire, and Pluto gets into the act with a cute Halloween collar. The characters will adhere to physical distancing rules but will make stops throughout the restaurant to say hi and pose for photos. This experience is available for lunch and dinner on most days until October 31 and can be reserved up to 60 days prior to arrival.
Guests who wish to join in on the Halloween fun and dress up in their festive costume have a unique opportunity this year. While in the past adult guests were only allowed to wear Halloween costumes during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, this year from September 15 to October 31, all guests may wear costumes at Magic Kingdom park during normal hours. There are a few restrictions though. Costume masks are only permitted for guests younger than 14 years old and are not permitted at any time for adults. You’ll also still need to adhere to the resort’s new safety guidelines and wear an approved face covering at all times while in public areas. This doesn’t have to hinder your costume plans though, and can be a great chance to break out that surgeon costume you’ve always wanted to wear!
Disney may have put some temporary changes in place for how we usually experience the resort, but you can still shop for your favorite Fall-themed merchandise this year. Throughout the season Walt Disney World will offer a number of Halloween souvenirs, apparel, toys, and more. These items feature spooky touches like Mickey Jack o Lanterns, Disney Villians, and Halloween treats.
Items for this year include new spirit jerseys as well as some bewitching mouse ears. If you want to add a macabre touch to your attire you can purchase Haunted Mansion themed face coverings as well.
This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.
Photos Courtesy Disney