Todays’ Investor Day featured an abundance of new details on the future of The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer services Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company, and Bob Iger, Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, led the virtual event, which included presentations from leaders of the company’s content and distribution teams, along with financial updates from Christine McCarthy, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, and Lowell Singer, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations.
During the call, an incredible lineup of original theatrical content was announced to be released directly to Disney+. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Production
An unbelievable star-studded lineup of original movies is in the works for Disney+, including:
- Hocus Pocus 2, a spooky sequel to the 1993 Halloween classic. Adam Shankman will direct.
- Reboots of Three Men and a Baby with Zac Efron, and Cheaper by the Dozen with Kenya Barris and Gabrielle Union, and a new Sister Act film starring Disney Legend Whoopi Goldberg, who is on board as a producer with Tyler Perry.
But that’s far from all. Additional Disney+ projects revealed include:
- Chip ‘N Dale: Rescue Rangers, a hybrid live action-animated film starring John Mulaney and Andy Samberg
- Pinocchio, directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Tom Hanks
- Peter Pan & Wendy, starring Jude Law as Captain Hook and Yara Shahidi as Tinker Bell
- Disenchanted, a sequel to the hit film Enchanted, with Amy Adams returning as Giselle
New live-action biographical films set for the service include:
Greek Freak, about NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo, as well as projects about Keanon Lowe and Chris Paul.
The group is also developing new animated takes on favorite 20th Century Studios’ titles Diary of a Wimpy Kid; The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild, starring Simon Pegg; and Night at the Museum.
Today’s presentation also included a preview of upcoming feature films such as Jungle Cruise; Cruella; a prequel to The Lion King; and The Little Mermaid.