We are all missing the parks a little more this year. We are hoping that by sharing some of Disney park’s official recipes, you may be able to recreate some of the magic home.
Today, we are featuring some of Chef Erich’s famous chocolate chip cookies from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa! Take a look at the recipe below and share your results with us on Instagram with the #themeparkprofessor
Chef Erich’s Chocolate Chip Cookie:
Makes about 3 dozen medium, or 18 large cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks butter), softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- With the mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of the bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.