If there’s one thing EPCOT is known for these days, it’s festivals! Even the events of 2020 couldn’t stop the myriad of fun food-centric festivities that happen throughout the year. For 2021 things are a bit different due to the limitations put in place as the resort goes through a phased reopening, but there’s still a ton to see and do at the new Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. This celebration of artistic talent and culinary design takes place from January 8 to February 22 and features visual art performances, art galleries, artistically designed dishes, and more. Let’s take a look at everything coming for the special edition of the festival this year!
It’s not an EPCOT festival without a wide variety of delectable dishes to try. This year guests can enjoy artistically designed small dishes and beverages at food studios set up throughout the park. There are 16 main studios this year with four additional offerings at some of the usual EPCOT snack spots. Each item is created by hand for each order and features some of the most eye and stomach pleasing offerings at the park.
- The Artist’s Table (The American Adventure)
Treat your taste buds to savory plates like beef Wellington and pan-seared scallops. Here, you’ll also find the artist palette jumbo chocolate-chip cookie along with assorted beer and wine.
- Citrus Blossom (Showcase Plaza)
Refresh your spirit with beverages from Florida Orange Groves Winery or an orange cream shake served in a souvenir Orange Bird sipper cup.
- Cuisine Classique (Germany)
Prepare to be amazed with these hearty braised bites and traditional Old World delights—like red wine-braised short rib, coq au vin and opera cake. Pair your dish with a glass of wine or beer.
- Decadent Delights (Promenade Refreshments)
Satisfy your sweet tooth with raspberry or lemon soft-serve ice cream. Plus, discover a variety of refreshing beers.
- The Deconstructed Dish (Showcase Plaza)
Discover delicious dishes that dazzle! Enjoy a deconstructed take on favorite foods like the Reuben, BLT and strawberry cheesecake. Or, sip on chai tea shake that showcases favorite breakfast flavors.
- El Artista Hambriento (Mexico)
Embark on a culinary journey south of the border and sample Mexican-inspired cuisine like pork belly pastor, chile rellenos and chocolate tacos.
- Goshiki (Japan)
Stop by this food studio for popular items like sushi donuts and vegetable gyoza. Plus, sip on sake or try the pink snow—a refreshing beverage featuring sake, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and Calpico.
- Festival Favorites (World Showplace)
Discover Guest-favorite dishes, like charcuterie, Remy’s ratatouille, the lemon blood-orange tart and a jumbo chocolate-chip cookie. Plus, sip on a coffee cocktail or tasty microbrew.
- Painter’s Palate (World Showplace)
Sample this palatable assortment of delicacies—like prime steak tartare, salt-roasted beet tartare and a tantalizing pistachio cake with cherry mousse and Morello cherries.
- L’Art de la Cuisine Francaise (France)
Discover delightful French treats and baked goods, from savory to sweet—including warm brie in a bread bowl, a black winter truffle croissant and a trio of house-made macarons. Pair your dish with a French wine or frozen martini.
- L’Arte di Mangiare (Italy)
Get a taste of Italy, with a twist! This food studio serves up arancini, lobster ravioli and cream-filled Italian donuts—along with Italian beer, wine and cocktails.
- Masterpiece Kitchen (Canada)
Raise your glass and celebrate this fabulous fusion of food and wine. Highlights include wild mushroom risotto, the salmon and cream gâteau and a luscious panna cotta. Plus, discover wines to complement each culinary creation.
- Mosaic Canteen (Morocco)
Savor the bold flavors of Morocco in delectable dishes like harissa-roasted rack of lamb and a Mediterranean flatbread with Za’atar pesto.
- The Painted Panda (China)
Treat your senses to Chinese dishes, like pork and water chestnut meatballs or the Sichuan red hot mala shrimp. Plus, enjoy bubble tea, draft beer and a variety of Chinese-inspired cocktails.
- Pop Eats (Showcase Plaza)
Unearth the tasty treasures and tantalizing textures of modern art-inspired eats! Highlights include the colorful almond frangipane cake and the ever-popular Pop’t Art—a modern-designed sugar cookie with strawberry filling. Plus, choose from savory dishes, like shrimp ceviche or tomato soup with grilled cheese.
- Vibrante & Vívido – NEW! (Between Morocco & France)
Enjoy bright, fresh flavors in dishes both savory and sweet—like a passion fruit mousse or a chilled seafood cocktail. Pair your food with an island-inspired smoothie, piña colada or daiquiri.
Delight your appetite with mouthwatering morsels, nibbles and noshes from these year-round food stops.
- Refreshment Port: Serving lobster poutine, traditional poutine, chicken breast nuggets, refreshing beverages and more
- Refreshment Outpost: Serving plant-based bratwurst, warm brown-sugar-stuffed pretzels, frozen slushies, beers and more
- Funnel Cake: Serving a red velvet funnel cake topped with cream cheese icing and pixie dust
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company (all in-park locations): Serving a unique, art-inspired latte paired with a doughnut at each location
The Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts offers entertainment for many senses and one of the most popular among guests is the live performances happening many times during the festival. This year, you can experience performances from some of EPCOT’s best acts, enjoy acrobatic displays, and watch as artists create masterpieces before your eyes. Performances can be found at various locations and times vary daily. Check your park map or My Disney Experience app for current showtimes. All performances are included in park admission.
- Voices of Liberty – The Disney Songbook: New for 2021, Voices of Liberty will take to the stage at America Gardens Theatre with a brand-new showcase—the Disney Songbook. From “When You Wish Upon a Star” to “Let It Go,” the Voices of Liberty will perform favorite Disney songs and celebrate the artistry of Disney composers and lyricists.
- Art Defying Gravity (7-day offering): Enjoy the spectacle of thrilling strength acts defying gravity and imagination at World Showplace.
- Epcot Pianist (7-day offering): Tap your toes to a variety of show tunes performed by a talented entertainer at World Showplace.
- JAMMitors (7-day offering): Listen to the soothing sounds produced by this fun group of musicians at the Mill Stage in the Canada Pavilion.
- Visual Art in Performance (4-day offering, Thursday – Monday): Behold a high-energy, on-stage performance by a guest visual artist painting favorite Disney characters within World Showplace. In just minutes, colorful Disney images magically appear before your eyes.
- Chalk Art – Future World East: Discover the work of imaginative chalk artists, then help create a chalk art masterpiece!
Art Defying Gravity
Enjoy the spectacle of thrilling acts of strength—defying gravity and imagination.
- Days: Sunday through Saturday
- Location: World Showplace
Visual Art in Performance
Watch in wonder as a guest visual artist paints favorite Disney characters—images magically appear in minutes during this fun, must-see show!
- Days: Thursday through Sunday
- Location: World Showplace
The array of dazzling visual arts is a standout among the offerings at the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. Guests can take in a number of exhibits and interactive art pieces throughout the festival. Festival Markets offer guests the ability to meet artists who infuse their distinctive styles into a wide variety of creative mediums like jewelry making, photography, and painting and then purchase some of their works At some of the Festival Markets, guests have the opportunity to choose custom elements of their new piece of art to make it distinctly original. The festival also features exhibits from some of the most popular Disney artists. Guests can get an up-close look at the artistic process and learn what goes into creating a work of art.
Featured Artists Schedule
- Chalk Art
Discover the work of imaginative chalk artists, then help create a chalk art masterpiece!
- Art of Disney – American Adventure Pavilion
Shop at this art gallery featuring Festival merchandise, original artwork and more!
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery – Mexico Pavilion
Celebrate the artistry and traditions of Día de Muertos with the gallery show, ‘Remember Me!’ La Celebración del Día de Muertos.
- Stave Church Gallery – Norway Pavilion
Sail back in time with the Gods of the Vikings gallery show to discover the legendary gods and myths of the Vikings.
- House of the Whispering Willows – China Pavilion
Discover the beauty and wonder of the Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Japan
Delve into the origin and evolution of “kawaii,” Japan’s cute culture.
- Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art – American Adventure Pavilion
Behold an all-new exhibition celebrating American Indian art.
- Race Against the Sun: Ancient Technique to Modern Competition
Discover 2 incredible modern-day competitions—Marathon des Sables (Marathon of the Sands) and Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc (Rally of the Gazelles).
- Tale as Old as Time: French Storytelling on Stage and Screen – France Pavilion
Explore 6 distinct gallery cases honoring the costumes, music and artwork that brought French literature to life through cinema, theater, ballet and opera.
If you’re looking to get into the fun, literally, you can insert yourself into a number of Artful Photo Ops found throughout the park. These recreations of legendary masterpieces allow guests to step inside the art for fun photo sessions. Disney PhotoPass photographers are on hand as well to make sure that the whole family gets to be part of the art.
Enjoy picture-perfect spots along World Showcase inspired by these amazing works of art:
- Homage to Frida Kahlo
- Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci
- The Scream – Edvard Munch
- Washington Crossing the Delaware – Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze
- Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- Peter Pan Storybook
- Birth of Venus – Sandro Botticelli
- Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers – Vincent van Gogh
You can take home a keepsake of your visit to the Taste of EPCOT Festival of the Arts. This year’s offerings include prints and one-of-a-kind art pieces, shirts, hats, posters, and even face masks. If you’re an Annual Passholder, you can grab special items including a festival AP shirt, tumbler, and pin. Festival merchandise can be found at the following locations:
- Art of Disney – American Adventure Pavilion
Visit the exquisite art gallery featuring original artwork from our featured Disney artists, along with art prints, Festival Merchandise and more!
- Mouse Gear
Visit this one-stop shopping destination for all of your favorite Festival Merchandise. You won’t want to miss all that Mouse Gear has in store!
- Festival Markets – throughout World Showcase and Future World
Explore numerous locations throughout the Festival featuring more than 100 Disney and visiting artists. You’ll never know what you’re going to see as new artwork unfolds around the park! Be sure to check back each weekend for art, amazing finds and the perfect piece of art to take home with you!
- Featured Disney Art
View a wide variety of Disney-inspired art, each piece with its own twist! From classic to whimsical to edgy, there’s sure to be a style for every Guest’s taste! As you peruse the art selection, meet with artists, talk to them about the art process and get your new art personalized! Visiting artists include those from Disney Parks Experiences and Products, Walt Disney Imagineering and Yellow Shoes.
- Visiting Artists and Studios
Guests can also find many pieces of non-Disney art throughout the Festival. Each visiting art studio or vendor brings a unique perspective to the Festival!
If taking in all of the art has you wanting to express yourself as well, you can enjoy a number of interactive art experiences. These hands-on activities will let your creative juices flow and add an extra level of fun to the festival. This year, guests can get involved in the following: