One of the best parts of Disney is their accommodations to those with food allergies or intolerances. This even extends to the treats they make on property.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Bakery always does an excellent job at making a wide range of cookies, cupcakes, and other treats that are gluten-free, whole wheat, or sugar-free. They don’t always have them, but you can ask what they have and the bakery chefs can suggest an item that fits your needs.
One of the items that is a hit at the Contemporary Resort Bakery is the Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie. Disney has just shared this recipe so we can make them at home! We hope you enjoy baking these and sharing with your family for the holidays.
Take lots of pictures of the finished results and tag us on Instagram with the #themeparkprofessor
MAKES 60 COOKIES
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugar together in large bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, beating until very well combined, about 2 minutes more.
- Whisk together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix just until combined. Refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
To see even more recipes we have shared on Theme Park Professor click HERE.