Disney has gone and done it again. They have combine magic, wonder, and dreams to create the inspiration that went into the developement of their newest cruise ship, the Disney Wish!
“With the Disney Wish, we’re continuing our tradition of delivering the most magical and relaxing vacations at sea, combining legendary service and entertainment with imaginative storytelling and all the care you expect from a Disney vacation,” said Josh D’Amaro, chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. “Our newest ship will celebrate everything that families love about sailing with us, from the incredible dining experiences and character interactions, to dazzling shows and the crew’s thoughtful attention to detail. We can’t wait to welcome our guests aboard the Disney Wish as we expand the reach of our world-class fleet.”
The Disney Wish will sail its maiden voyage — a five-night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay — on June 9, 2022, followed by an inaugural season of three- and four-night cruises to the same destinations from Port Canaveral, Florida. Bookings open to the general public on May 27, 2021.
The Disney Wish will whisk families to the blue skies and sunshine of the Bahamas. In Nassau, cruisers will enjoy breathtaking beaches and activities for everyone in the family as they swim, snorkel, shop and more in this popular vacation destination. At Castaway Cay, guests will explore a pristine island completely outfitted for family fun and relaxation and brimming with special Disney touches.
Featuring a design concept inspired by timeless tales of wishes come true, Guests will feel the unique personality of the Disney Wish the moment they step into the castle-inspired Grand Hall or storybook-inspired staterooms. But that’s not the only reason the members of your crew should be excited:
For the Adults
Relaxing, dining, and a short escape from the kids is something we can all get excited about, and aboard the Disney Wish this is where you will find adults hanging out:
1. Star Wars: Hyper Space Lounge– Coruscant. Tattoine. Batuu. Watch worlds drift by at this stylish space bar boasting stellar views, where you can sit back and sip on some out-of-this-world concoctions while being transported throughout the Star Wars galaxy. Families are invited to experience this interstellar watering hole during the day, but at night, the lounge jumps to lightspeed and becomes a club with a cantina-like vibe exclusively for adults.
2. Palo Steakhouse- Prepare to be pampered at this elegant, adults-only restaurant inspired by the lovable pomp and circumstance of Cogsworth, the enchanted clock from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. An evolution of the Palo restaurant that Disney cruisers already know and love, Palo Steakhouse offers a scrumptious selection of premium steaks and exquisite Italian dishes. Featuring 2 distinct dining areas amid a warm, tranquil atmosphere with spectacular ocean views, Palo Steakhouse—one of 3 new Beauty and the Beast adults-only, dining experiences on the Disney Wish—serves up subtle nods to Beast’s loyal majordomo throughout its magnificent décor. It’s a timeless tale come to life!
3. Quiet Cove –Retreat to this relaxing, adults-only refuge—featuring an infinity pool, bar and poolside lounge—dedicated to swimming, savoring drinks and soaking up the sun. Separated from the bustle of family activities, this adults-only escape spans an entire section of the ship’s upper decks, and is your onboard oasis at sea.
4- Enchanté– Epicurean excellence awaits inside Enchanté, an opulent, adults-only restaurant that evokes the spirit of the romance-loving character of Lumiere from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. A mouthwatering menu featuring innovative, new recipes based on classic French fare crafted by 3-Michelin-starred Chef Arnaud Lallement invites diners to please their palate like never before, while sweeping ocean views amid a luxurious, illuminated atmosphere provide an unforgettable evening of enchantment.
5- The Rose– Sip a cocktail surrounded by antique mirrors and floating rose petals at this elegant, adult-exclusive lounge reminiscent of the enchanted castle from Beauty and the Beast.
For the Kids
Step inside a magical storybook setting come to life—and enjoy special visits from the Disney Princesses themselves! Inside Fairytale Hall, young royals can craft floating lanterns at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, act out their favorite stories in Belle’s Library, and even create their own ice magic at Anna & Elsa’s Sommerhus.
AquaMouse and Pools
The Disney Wish will feature a brand-new family water attraction and three themed districts that offer dedicated space for families, children and adults alike.
Guests will be immersed in “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” animated shorts aboard the first-ever Disney attraction at sea, AquaMouse. Complete with show scenes, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises, this wild water ride will zig, zag and zoom through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks
Disney Wish Staterooms
New for the Disney Wish, Walt Disney Imagineers have imbued every stateroom with the soft, dreamlike worlds and restful imagery of enchanted Disney fairytales through glittering gold-leafed headboard murals and framed pieces commissioned exclusively for the Disney Wish.
In line with the ship’s overall design motif of enchantment, stateroom artwork will represent classic and contemporary Disney stories that capture the essence of wish fulfillment and dreams come true, such as Cinderella (whose maxim “a dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep” is particularly fitting).
Beyond the artwork, every detail has been designed to tell a story, from pixie-dusted furnishings to delicate linen embroidery inspired by the fleet’s signature golden filigree. This even extends into the corridors, where exquisite decoration serves the greater purpose of wayfinding: Richly themed carpeting, softly colored accent walls, magical lighting and unique adornments will provide guests with an intuitive yet artful cue to know they’ve arrived at their home away from home.
Dreamy Details and Wished-For Features
Every stateroom aboard the Disney Wish has been designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage space and upscale amenities. Most of the ship’s 1,254 staterooms will offer an ocean view — including 877 (70%) with a spacious verandah — and there will be 451 connecting doors that adjoin rooms to accommodate larger families. Some connecting staterooms will have a partition between verandahs that may be opened to create a bigger, shared balcony.
- 1,254 staterooms (includes 53 concierge staterooms and 23 concierge suites)
- 1,133 outside staterooms (90%)
- 948 verandah staterooms (70%)
- 185 oceanview staterooms (20%)
- 121 inside staterooms (10%)
- Most staterooms will feature Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bathroom concept, with a sink and shower in one room and a sink and toilet in a separate room. All will include a bathtub – perfect for giving children a bath.
- Enhanced storage options, roomy closets and elevated bed frames with generous under-bed space will provide plenty of places to store suitcases and other bulky items essential to family travel.
- Little ones will delight in a secret starfield hidden above pull-down beds, with original artwork revealing a constellation of Fairy Godmother overhead.
- Other exceptional amenities and highlights will include a 43-inch TV, USB and USB-C ports, large vanity, mini drawer refrigerator, full-length mirror, mini safe, hair dryer, privacy divider, queen and pull-out sofa beds, deluxe toiletries, plush robes, and lavish bed linens and duvets.
Concierge Staterooms, Suites and Service
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with 76 concierge staterooms and suites – more than double the number available on other Disney ships.
- Accommodating up to five guests, these rooms will feature spacious living areas, king beds, luxurious finishes and premium amenities. Most will include a generous private verandah, and most have been designed with the rich color palette and distinctive iconography of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled.”
- One-bedroom concierge suites will have a separate living room, walk-in closets, two 43-inch TVs and two bathrooms (including a master bathroom with rain shower, bathtub and double vanity).
- Seven exclusive oceanview rooms are Disney’s first-ever staterooms located above the bridge. These will have extended living areas with breathtaking views of the ocean through floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the bow.
The Disney Wish will also debut four royal suites that celebrate the gilded world of Disney Animation’s “Sleeping Beauty,” with two Princess Aurora Royal Suites and two Briar Rose Royal Suites. Each pair includes a single-floor option and a two-story configuration, the first of their kind for the Disney fleet.
- Royal suites will feature extravagant details, upscale furnishings and first-class amenities, including an extensive living area, open dining salon, sizeable pantry and private hot tub on the oversized verandah.
- Each suite has two master bedrooms — each with its own opulent bathroom featuring a double vanity and either a rain shower or bathtub — as well as a double sleeper sofa in the living room and a third bathroom with a shower.
- The two-story royal suites will boast floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning statement pieces, like an elegant spiral staircase and a spectacular two-deck-high bespoke stained-glass frieze.
Disney Wish Inaugural Summer 2022 Sailings
The Disney Wish‘s Maiden Voyage is set for June 9, 2022. Disney did not specifically reveal the port orders for the sailings. Based on the Disney Dream, we were bale to estimate what the sailings could look like. **This will be updated when the itineraries are opened
Port Canaveral, Florida
Disney Wish Maiden Voyage – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
Port Canaveral, Florida • At Sea • Nassau, Bahamas • Castaway Cay • At Sea (unconfirmed port order)
3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
Port Canaveral, Florida • Nassau, Bahamas • Castaway Cay
6/14/22 (DVC Member Cruise), 6/17/22, 6/24/22, 7/1/22, 7/8/22, 7/15/22, 7/22/22, 7/29/22, 8/5/22, 8/12/22, 8/19/22, 8/26/22, 9/2/22, 9/9/22, 9/16/22, 9/23/22, 9/30/22
4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
Port Canaveral, Florida • Nassau, Bahamas • Castaway Cay • At Sea
6/20/22, 6/27/22*, 7/4/22, 7/11/22*, 7/18/22*, 7/25/22*, 8/1/22, 8/8/22*, 8/15/22, 8/22/22*, 8/29/22, 9/5/22, 9/12/22, 9/19/22, 9/26/22
When Does Booking Open
We encourage you to reach out to a travel advisor asap if you plan to sail on the Wish. We always suggest working with Key to the World Travel.
All Castaway Club members should sign in to their account before booking begins to verify their Castaway Club status and their number of sailings. Due to anticipated high call volume, booking through a travel agent—or online at Disneycruise.com beginning May 20—is strongly recommended.
- Monday, May 17 – Platinum Castaway Club Members with 25 or More Sailings
- Tuesday, May 18 – Platinum Castaway Club Members with 20 or More Sailings
- Wednesday, May 19 – Platinum Castaway Club Members with 15 or More Sailings
- Thursday, May 20 – All Platinum Castaway Club Members
- Monday, May 24 – Gold Castaway Club Members
- Tuesday, May 25 – Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventure Insiders / Disney Vacation Club Members
- Wednesday, May 26 – Silver Castaway Club Members
- Thursday, May 27 – General Public
Bookings open to the general public on May 27, 2021 for Disney Wish cruises departing June through September 2022. Castaway Club members, Disney Vacation Club members, Adventures by Disney Insiders and other select Disney guests will have early booking opportunities beginning May 17.
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands.
Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here. If you love following along for the most up to date park information and news, follow us on Instagram too: @themeparkprofessor