One of the biggest questions we get about the “new normal” at Walt Disney World is: Where can we see characters now?
While the normal character meet and greets are temporarily paused, you can still find lots of your favorite Disney characters at Walt Disney World. We created this guide to break down the current(and always changing) locations you can find characters in all four parks right now.
First, we will start off with the most asked questions when looking for characters!
1- How can I find characters at Walt Disney World?
Disney characters are now in places you wouldn’t normally find them. And, it might be a little less frequently than before. But, there are some big changes with characters that allow you to see SOME of them even more than ever before. Disney characters can be found in cavalcade, motorcades, and flotillas, others can simply be found playing in the flowers! This guide will help you find all of the current places you can find characters at Walt Disney World.
2- How often do cavalcades run in the parks?
In my opinion, cavalcades are the best of both Disney parades and character meet and greets. They run in short bursts ALL day long at all four Walt Disney World parks. Unfortunately, there are no set times for cavalcades or times guides on the Disney site to keep track of. HOWEVER, if you pay attention, they begin on the hour and run every 15-20 mins.
3- Is there a set time characters come out during the day?
Disney Characters usually start appearing around the parks starting at 11 am. While there is no set schedule for these mini- interactions, they generally can be seen throughout the day until it gets dark.
Characters by Park
MAGIC KINGDOM CHARACTERS
You can find a majority of the characters and interactions at Magic Kingdom. From Princesses, Pooh & Friends, and the occasional Villain… You never know who you will find at Magic Kingdom. The Dapper Dans and Walt Disney World Band also frequent the park!
- Royal Princess Processional Cavalcade: This is a royal affair you don’t want to miss! Featuring Merida or Gaston on horseback leading a gorgeous glass float and a second gazebo float with Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, and Tiana, Repunzel, and Jasmine. This starts in Frontierland to the Firehouse on Main Street, USA.
- Fantasy Friends Cavalcade: Featuring Merida or Gaston on horseback leading another fun musical parade float. This one changes up from time to time. It has characters like Peter Pan, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Max, Goofy, Pooh, and Alice. This starts in Frontierland to the Firehouse on Main Street, USA.
- The Mickey and Friends Cavalcade: The fab five show up throughout the day on the traditional Magic Kingdom Parade route. Featuring Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy, Goofy and Pluto, and more. This starts in Frontierland to the Firehouse on Main Street, USA.
- Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure: Tinkerbell comes through on the float she rides during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and sprinkles Pixie Dust from Frontierland to the Firehouse on Main Street, USA.
MAGIC KINGDOM CHARACTER APPEARANCES
There is really no rhyme or reason to the character appearances at Magic Kingdom and it is hard to say where they will be, or when. However, we have comprised a list of every location we have found characters at Magic Kindom since the parks reopened:
- Pooh and Friends: Pooh, Eeyore, Rabbit, and Piglet can be found in the Train Station waving at guests or on the trolley down Main Street USA throughout the day.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale can be found cruising on a raft down the Rivers of America, near Liberty Square.
- Anastasia and Drizella can be found on the balcony of Cinderella’s Castle in Fantasyland and standing in the shade outside the castle, in the Royal Princess Fairytale Hall Queue
- Cinderella makes the occasional appearence at Cinderella Royal Table for lunch and dinner
- In Tomorrowland, you can find Buzz Lightyear and Stitch greeting guests from the Rockettower Plaza Stage
- Occasionally Captain Jack Sparrow will pop up in Adventureland near Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Country Bears can be found waving to guests from the balcony of the Country Bear Jamboree theater
- Belle has been seen waving at guests from the Enchanted Tales with Belle cottage
- Beast joins guests in his castle at Be Our Guest for lunch or dinner
ANIMAL KINGDOM CHARACTERS
Animal Kingdom is probably the place you will see the least amount of characters. They used to be all over and now, due to the pandemic, you don’t find them walking about much in the parks. Instead, they are located on water cavalcades or “flotillas.”
ANIMAL KINGDOM CHARACTER FLOTILLAS
- Donald’s Dino-Bash Flotilla: travels on the Discover River throughout the day from Pandora to Dinoland. Features Donald, Daisy, and Launchpad McQuack
- Mickey and Friends Flotilla: Mickey and Friends float down the Discovery River
- Pocahontas and Meeko Character Cruise: Pocahontas herself and Meeko have a boat of their very own that travels the Discovery River throughout the day
- Lion King Character Cruise: Timon and Rafiki and others also float along the Discovery River
- Discovery Island Drummers: The Discovery Island Drummers sail down Discovery River
ANIMAL KINGDOM CHARACTER APPEARANCES
- Kevin from UP can be found on Discovery Island wandering around behind barriers
- Soon, you can see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald back at Tusker House for the return of their character meal!
Epcot has a lot of characters, and it changes the most. You never know who you will see or when. From cavalcades to pop-up characters, there will be something for everyone
EPCOT CHARACTER CAVALCADES
- Mickey and Friends World Tour Cavalcade: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy as they cruise through the World Showcase
- Princess Promenade: The Princess Promenade happens in the World Showcase, transporting the Princesses via horse-drawn carriage featuring Snow White, Belle, Aurora, and Jasmine.
EPCOT CHARACTER APPEARANCES
You never know who you will find at Epcot! But we have a list of the characters we have run into:
- Joy from Inside Out on the lawn near the France Pavillion
- Winnie the Pooh can be found on the lawn around Epcot chasing butterflies
- Mary Poppins and Alice can be found in the U.K. Gazebo near the courtyard gardens
- Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto are featured at Garden Grill in The Land Building
- Elsa and Anna are now in Norway greeting guests
- Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, and Donald take turns posing for pics at the front of Epcot near the right before Spaceship Earth.
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS CHARACTERS
You can find characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios you won’t find anywhere else. From Star Wars to Pixar, you never know who you will run into. But, we do have a pretty good list based on what we have personally found!
HOLLYWOOD STUDIO CHARACTER MOTORCADES
- Pixar Pals Motorcade: Your favorite Pixar characters walk and ride along in Chevy Camaros decked out in a way only Disney could do. You can see Woody and Jessie in their rodeo gear. Buzz Lightyear in his space cruiser. And Edna Mode driving in style down Hollywood Boulevard. Plus Sully from Monsters Inc. and it’s all led by the Green Army Men
- Disney Junior Stars Play and Dance Motorcade: The kids can spot Fancy Nancy, Doc McStuffins, and Vampirina in fancy colored convertibles in the Disney Junior Stars Motorcade! High energy music is part of this experience, so a great time to dance out that extra energy!
- Mickey and Friends Motorcade: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Chip and Dale all get together in this motorcade. Dressed their best and featuring themed cute cars, and fun music down the Hollywood Studios parade route.
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS CHARACTER APPEARANCES
- Rey, Chewbacca, Vi Moradi can be found in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge on platforms above the garage in the Black Spire Station or the Millennium Falcon’s spaceport. Ready to recruit visitors to join the Resistance.
- Kylo Ren and the Storm Troopers can be found in Galaxy’s Edge as well, near First Order’s TIE Echelon ( across from the Milk Stand) ready to lure you to the Dark Side.
- Donald Duck can be found out and about with his watering can gardening
- Chip and Dale are often found on the lawn near the Brown Derby
- Goofy is sometimes spotted on top of the Hyperion Theater
- You can see the Disney Jr Characters at Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood and Vine for breakfast
- Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Pluto can be found in their seasonal outfits at Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood and Vine for lunch dinner
This guide will be continuously updated and is subject to change at any time.
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands.
Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here. If you love following along for the most up to date park information and news, follow us on Instagram, too: @themeparkprofessor