In August, we got the news that we were waiting for regarding the former FastPass system at the Walt Disney World Resort. The FastPass system has officially been retired. Disney Genie+ will be a paid system giving you access to shorter lines and maximizing your park time. Today, the Genie+ launch date has been announced!
The Disney Genie+ launches on October 19, 2021, at the Walt Disney World Resort.
What You Need to Know
There are a few things to know about this new system. First, Disney Genie is the complimentary in-app service designed to help you plan your day in the parks. The Disney Genie+ service is a paid option that will help you save time in lines. Guests who opt for this paid service use the Lightning Lane entrance for select attractions. Guests can purchase the Genie+ option for $15 per person, per day.
There are over 40 attractions included with the Genie+. Guests can schedule one attraction at a time throughout the day, subject to availability. For guests staying at an on-site resort hotel, these attractions are available starting at 7:00 am. For guests staying off-site, the attractions will be available at the park opening.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE – Green
- Mission: SPACE – Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
- Disney Jr. Dance Party
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – Returning December 19, 2021
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King
- Feathered Friends in Flight!
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Naʻvi River Journey
- The Animation Experience
In addition, there will be Individual Lightning Lane attractions available for purchase. The pricing for these will vary by date, attraction and park. These attractions include:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Frozen Ever After
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the launch! We will share everything you need to know about this exciting new planning tool.
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.