EPCOT is a unique theme park at the Walt Disney World Resort that offers so much to see and do throughout the year. Whether it’s one of the festivals, live music, or the great attractions, you don’t want to miss this park! This is part two of our series of touring plans for all of the parks at the Walt Disney World Resort. Here, we share some EPCOT park touring strategies to help you explore all the fun that this park has to offer!
When to Arrive
At the Walt Disney World Resort, it is often helpful to arrive early at the theme parks. If you are a resort guest, you get early access to the parks. That early entry is a huge benefit, especially if you are looking to ride the most popular attractions! EPCOT generally opens a little later than the other parks but still offers that extra 30 minutes for guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
Depending on how you would like to plan your day, you can easily arrive a bit later. If you choose to do that, however, plan to ride the most popular attractions later in the day for the shortest wait. In addition, make sure that you obtain a boarding group for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. This attraction does not offer a standby line. You need to enter the virtual line or purchase an Individual Lightning Lane return time.
Below, find two different EPCOT touring strategies. One is for visiting with children under 40″ and the other is for all attractions. These can be easily adjusted to your travel party’s needs.
Please note, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is the newest attraction to open at EPCOT. Experience this attraction by obtaining a boarding group or by purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane return time. You can join a boarding group at 7:00 am or 1:00 pm each day. Please note, you must have a park pass reservation for EPCOT in order to join the virtual queue.
EPCOT with Little Ones
It always surprises me when people tell me that they plan to skip EPCOT because there is nothing for kids! There is plenty for kids to do and see at this park! This touring plan focuses on all of the experiences that are kid-friendly at EPCOT.
Here are some additional tips to consider:
- There are a few attractions at EPCOT that have height requirements but most do not. If you are traveling with a child under 40″ and want to experience any of these attractions, see a cast member at the ride entrance to do a Rider Swap.
- If you have a child who loves Disney Princesses, EPCOT is the place to be! Find several different princesses in the World Showcase during the day! You may see Anna & Elsa, Jasmine, Aurora, Belle, Mulan, or Snow White! There are additional characters found throughout the park too including Mickey Mouse and friends, Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, and more!
- There are several play areas that are kid-friendly throughout the park, indoors and outdoors. Recently, a new outdoor playground opened that is themed for Princess and the Frog. These are great opportunities to let your little ones run around or take a break from the Florida sun!
- During the festivals at EPCOT, there are often fun activities for all ages including scavenger hunts where little ones can earn a prize for completion! In addition, the Kidcot Fun Stops are a cute way to learn more about each country in the World Showcase.
EPCOT 1-day Touring Plan
This EPCOT touring plan is designed to help you see and do it all! It includes all of the attractions and shows as well. Check your My Disney Experience app for showtimes.
Check out these additional tips:
- There are four festivals at EPCOT each year! Each one offers different entertainment, food options, and more. Make sure that you grab a Festival guide and enjoy the variety of tasty options available.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the live entertainment in the park. The Voices of Liberty and Mariachi Cobre perform daily in the America Gardens Pavilion throughout the day. In the evenings, there is often live music, including the exciting return of the “Candlelight Processional”.
- EPCOT is very big and is shaped like an hourglass. Depending on which way you enter the park, it often makes sense to start your day in Future World.
Using Genie+ with the Touring Plans
These EPCOT touring strategies are easy to utilize if you plan to purchase Disney Genie+ or the Individual Lightning Lane attraction times. Like the other parks, grab your Genie+ Lightning Lane return times for the most popular attractions first. As soon as you scan your Magic Band or key card for your first attraction, get one for the next attraction you want to ride. You can go to attractions with short wait times in between. In addition, you can grab Genie+ Lightning Lane return times for those attractions later in the day as well if you choose. This will allow you to experience them more than once per day, with shorter waits.
As a reminder, at EPCOT, guests can purchase Individual Lightning Lane return times for Frozen Ever After and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. If you opt to do this, purchase them starting at 7:00 am on the day of your visit. I recommend selecting return times for late morning or early afternoon. This will give you a chance to explore Future World before heading to the World Showcase.
These EPCOT touring strategies are designed to help you make the most of your day at the park. Your Key to the World Travel Advisor is a great resource too. They can help you become familiar with Disney Genie+ and help prepare for your visit!
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.