The new year is just days away and with it, comes the start of another festival at EPCOT! This is your complete guide to the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. The festival begins on January 14, 2022, and runs through February 21, 2022. It celebrates the creative arts – visual, performing, and culinary – with fun for all ages throughout the park.
The Food Studios for the festival were announced recently and include colorful and delicious options celebrating the arts. Many are returning favorites with a few new offerings as well. Look for Deco Delights and The Craftman’s Courtyard to make their debut at the festival with new artfully presented food and beverage options.
Check out the full menus here!
Visual & Performing Arts
There are plenty of artistic entertainment options throughout EPCOT. It seems there is something new to catch your eye everywhere you go! Some of the highlights include:
- The Animation Academy: Taking place at the America Gardens Theatre, guests learn how to draw a Disney character from an animation artist. Shows begin daily at 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm.
- Art Defying Gravity: Watch in awe as performers show their strength and skillful acrobatics
- Chalk Art: Be sure to look down as you explore the park. The pavement is transformed into beautiful masterpieces, including some of your favorite Disney characters
Be on the lookout for these performances at various locations and stages throughout EPCOT, as performance times and days vary.
Artful Photo Ops
Whether it’s a selfie or a photo with all of your family or friends, don’t miss your opportunity to step into some of the most well-known artwork from around the world. PhotoPass Photographers will also be available to help you capture the moment as you explore the World Showcase! Take a look at all of the different locations:
- An homage to Frida Kahlo – Mexico Pavilion
- Birth of Venus – Sandro Botticelli – Italy Pavilion Courtyard
- Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers – Vincent van Gogh – Bridge to World Showcase
- Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre-Auguste Renoir – International Gateway
- Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci – Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion
- Peter Pan Storybook – Bridge to World Showcase
- The Scream – Edvard Munch – Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion
- Washington Crossing the Delaware – Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze – The American Adventure Pavilion
DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series
This year, the DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert series returns to the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. Throughout the festival, there will be different pairs of broadway stars performing hits from Disney musicals.
Here is the list of performers.
Arielle Jacobs (Aladdin) and Adam Jacobs (Aladdin)
- January 14
- January 16 – 17
- January 20 – 21
Kerry Butler (Beauty and the Beast) and Telly Leung (Aladdin)
- January 15
- January 18 – 19
- January 22- 23
Heidi Blickenstaff (Freaky Friday, The Little Mermaid) and Robert Creighton (Frozen)
- January 24
- January 26 – 27
- January 30 – 31
- February 3 – 4
Kara Lindsay (Newsies) and Dan DeLuca (Newsies)
- January 25
- January 28 – 29
- February 1 – 2
- February 5 – 6
Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- February 7
- February 9 – 10
- February 13 – 14
- February 17 – 18
Kissy Simmons (The Lion King) and Michael James Scott (Aladdin)
- February 8
- February 11 – 12
- February 15 – 16
- February 19 – 20
Special Performance – February 21, 2022
There will be an extended finale performance on February 21 featuring Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Kissy Simmons, and Michael James Scott.
These performances take place throughout the festival at the American Gardens Pavilion. Check the My Disney Experience app for showtimes.
In addition, dining packages are available that include one guaranteed seat per person for the DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert series held on the same day. Choose from one of four restaurants at EPCOT including:
- Garden Grill Restaurant
- Biergarten Restaurant
- Rose & Crown Dining Room
- Coral Reef Restaurant
Fun for the Whole Family
Like all of the festivals at EPCOT, there is plenty of fun waiting for the whole family at the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
To start, help Figment learn about art as you explore the World Showcase in a fun scavenger hunt called Figment’s Brush with the Masters. Stop at one of three locations in EPCOT – Port of Entry, Creations Shop, or World Traveler – to purchase your map and stickers. Then, look for Figment in each World Showcase pavilion, hiding inside famous works of art. Just look for the Figment-themed picture frame. Whenever you find him, add the correct sticker to your map and then return the map to Disney Traders or World Traveler for a surprise.
As you look for Figment in the World Showcase, look for chalk drawings of your favorite Disney characters. How many can you find as you travel the world?
The Kid’s Chalk Art gives the whole family the opportunity to create chalk art. This is available daily from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm near The Land pavilion. The Expression Section: A Paint by Numbers Mural is another opportunity to have fun with art! Visit daily from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm to add your own bit of color to a life-sized mural.
Finally, if you are feeling hungry, grab a festival passport and go on a Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine. Try each of the 5 dishes, designed to give you a taste of rainbow and a colorful treat waiting at the end!
Here are the featured food items:
- Red: Blood Orange-braised Beet Carpaccio with Mustard Vinaigrette, Pickled Clamshell Mushrooms, Golden Beets, and Crostini (Located at Gourmet Landscapes)
- Green: Deconstructed Key Lime Pie featuring flexible Key Lime Curd, “Key Lime” mouse, Graham Cracker Cake, and Meringues (Located at The Deconstructed Dish)
- Yellow: House-made Chorizo and Potato Empanada with Turmeric Aïoli and Annatto Aïoli (Located at Vibrante & Vivido: Encanto Cocina)
- Orange: Pan-seared Scallops with Vanilla-Butternut Squash Purée, Brown Butter Cauliflower Purée and Lime Foam (Located at The Artist’s Table)
- Pink: Vanilla Donut with Strawberry Sugar, Strawberry Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries, and Strawberry Gelée (Located at The Donut Box)
- Reward: The Artist Palette Cookie
The activity can be completed as you choose. Just collect the 5 stamps and bring your festival passport to the Deco Delights food studio to get your prize.
Shop for Art & Festival Merchandise
What better way to remember your time at the festival than to bring a piece of it home with you? Whether you are looking for a new piece of artwork or merchandise keepsakes, there’s something special waiting for you.
As you explore the festival, there are many different forms of art showcased. Be sure to stop at the different galleries during your visit and maybe find a favorite piece of art to bring home!
Glimpse mesmerizing artwork inspired by the entertainment industry.
Disney Fine Art by Collectors Editions
Feast your eyes on magnificent artwork inspired by timeless Disney animation.
Disney Art Festival Market
Enjoy artwork featuring a variety of artistic styles and media created by Disney Cast Members and visiting artists.
James Coleman Studios
See artwork created by a former Disney animator—now bringing his magic to spectacular pieces you can enjoy at home.
View one-of-a-kind works by innovative artists, showcasing a variety of styles and subject matter.
Thomas Kinkade Studios
Behold enchanting paintings of classic and timeless Disney stories.
See favorite Disney characters and themes brought to life with inventive styles.
Discover depictions of Disney and nature by world-renowned artists in a variety of distinctive styles.
Visit with different artists throughout the day, and even watch them at work, as they showcase their artwork throughout the World Showcase.
During your visit to the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, be sure to check out the merchandise featuring a fun art-inspired print and the beloved purple dragon, Figment. Keepsakes include a spirit jersey, mug, trading pins, and more.
Stay tuned for more details and tips to enjoy the festival as it gets closer!
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.