When you visit the Walt Disney World Resort, there is truly something for everyone! There are attractions for little ones, those for the thrill-seekers in the family, and there are also attractions that are great for the whole family. This is your guide to Walt Disney World attractions for the whole family.
Now, you may be thinking “I am going to Disney for my kids, and I just want them to enjoy it”. Well, I’m here to tell you that there is plenty for the grown-ups to love too! This list of attractions is good for family members of all ages, from little ones who can’t even walk to the parents, grandparents, or great-grandparents who don’t like the thrill rides anymore but want to make those memories!
We give you a breakdown of the best attractions in each park for the whole family.
The Magic Kingdom has many attractions that do not have height requirements. This means that it is a great park for young children to enjoy. In addition, it also means that many of the attractions are good for those who do not want to do the thrill rides. There are several attractions here that the whole family can enjoy together.
Main Street U.S.A.
- See Mickey & Minnie Mouse at Town Square Theater
The return of character hugs to the Disney Parks brought back more magic and excitement to your visit. Now, Minnie Mouse has joined Mickey at Town Square Theater, and both are sporting their gorgeous 50th-anniversary outfits. Who doesn’t want to hug Mickey and Minnie? Now, you can hug, and this is the perfect spot to get a family photo!
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
In Adventureland, guests of all ages will love visiting Trader Sam or going on a pirate adventure! The Enchanted Tiki Room is the perfect Tropical Hideaway to enjoy a show and a classic Disney attraction.
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Tom Sawyer Island
In Frontierland, there are some exciting rides for those thrill-seekers in the family. However, there are some ways to relax with a timeless show – the Country Bears Jamboree. Then, head out on a boat to Tom Sawyer Island for a unique place to explore with beautiful views of the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella Castle.
- Haunted Mansion
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- The Hall of Presidents
In Liberty Square, the whole family will love singing along with 999 happy haunts at the Haunted Mansion or enjoying the views from the Liberty Square Riverboat. Then, explore America’s history in the Hall of Presidents, which is a great choice for some downtime or the history lover in the family.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- “it’s a small world”
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Meet Cinderella & a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Tiana & a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
Fantasyland is the place for young and old to relive their favorite Disney stories! This area of the Magic Kingdom is filled with attractions that are family-friendly. Many do not have height requirements, making it possible for young children to ride as well. In addition, there are quite a few chances to meet your favorite Disney friends too. Be on the lookout for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, and more throughout this land.
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
In Tomorrowland, there are a few shows that are the perfect options for a break from the Florida sun. The whole family will love going back in time on the Carousel of Progress or enjoying some laughs with Mike Wazowski.
The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, aka “The PeopleMover” is a quick tour of Tomorrowland that typically offers short waits and great views of Cinderella Castle. This is another good spot to sit and beat the heat!
More Family Fun
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade: This beloved parade now takes place twice per day in the Magic Kingdom. It features many characters from your favorite Disney stories. There are several great spots to view the parade so grab a snack and enjoy some family time as you wave to all your Disney friends!
- Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade: This special cavalcade features Mickey, Minnie and all their friends dressed in their 50th-anniversary attire.
- Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade: This new cavalcade takes place a few times throughout the day from Frontierland, down Main Street U.S.A., and features Disney friends ready for an adventure! The whole family will love seeing beloved Disney characters including Coco, Merida, Marie from The Aristocats, and the newest addition, Mirabel from Encanto!
- Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire: This show takes place throughout the day in front of Cinderella Castle.
- Disney Enchantment: The perfect way to end your day at the Magic Kingdom is to watch the nighttime show light up the skies above Cinderella Castle. Disney Enchantment
At EPCOT, there is fun for the whole family throughout the park. Check out these attractions that the whole family can enjoy:
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Living with the Land
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
These attractions do not have a height requirement so they are the perfect options to enjoy as a whole family. In addition, there are more fun attractions for the thrill-seekers in the family, including the newest addition to EPCOT – Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
More Family Fun
- Character Meet & Greets: There are so many opportunities to meet characters at EPCOT. From the Disney princesses in nearly every country in the World Showcase to Mickey Mouse and friends meeting near the front of the park, it’s always fun to hug a Disney friend!
- Beauty & the Beast Sing-Along: This show is a great break from the Florida sun and is fun to sing along with your favorite songs from the beloved Disney movie.
- Voices of Liberty: The Voices of Liberty are an acapella group, performing in the American Adventure pavilion several times throughout the day. This show is engaging for all ages, with beautiful music and fun interactions with the performers.
- EPCOT Festivals: Throughout the year, EPCOT has four different festivals with food, activities, and fun for the whole family. From scavenger hunts to live music, everyone is sure to enjoy what the festivals have to offer!
- Harmonious: This all-new nighttime show takes place on the World Showcase Lagoon and celebrates unity and cultures around the world with familiar Disney characters and music. Be sure to grab a spot to watch the fireworks around the World Showcase. It’s a wonderful way to spend time as a family at the end of the day.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
There is so much to love about Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park! Although there are a few very popular thrill rides, the whole family will love seeing amazing shows, beautiful animals from around the world, and more.
Check out these fun attractions for the whole family:
- Affection Section
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
- Feathered Friends in Flight!
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo: The Big Blue…and Beyond!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Na’vi River Journey
- TriceraTop Spin
More Family Fun
In addition to the attractions above, there are plenty of other opportunities for some Disney fun for the whole family.
- Disney KiteTails: This show features larger-than-life kites and props with music from two beloved Disney movies – The Lion King and The Jungle Book.
- Gorilla Falls Trail: This walking trail is in the Africa section of the park, near the exit to the Kilimanjaro Safaris. Get up-close and personal with African animals, including zebra, hippos, and gorillas, including the adorable baby!
- Maharajah Jungle Trek: Stop here as you walk through the Asia section of the park to find tigers, red pandas, and more.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios allows guests of all ages to step into the movies and relive their favorites. Here, we’ve listed some of the attractions that the whole family will enjoy at the park:
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana JonesTM Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Meet Disney Junior Pals in Animation Courtyard
- Meet Disney Stars at Red Carpet Dreams
- Meet Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight
- Meet Sulley at Walt Disney Presents
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Toy Story Mania!
From the characters to the shows, the whole family will love these attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
More Family Fun
There’s still more to enjoy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios though!
- Vacation Fun – An Original Animated Short with Mickey & Minnie: This one-of-a-kind short film features your favorite mouse and his favorite lady. The whole theater is inspired by Mickey Mouse, from the architecture to the movie posters, and even the seats! After you enjoy the film, be sure to stop for photos at the life-sized recreations of Mickey’s world.
- Walt Disney Presents: This gallery showcases Walt Disney’s legacy with artifacts including sketches, models, photos, and more. There is also a 15-minute documentary that shows the life and history of Walt Disney, from his life in a small town to Hollywood.
- Wonderful World of Animation: This projection show celebrates more than 90 years of Disney and Pixar animation. The Chinese Theater is transformed each night with this beautiful tribute featuring scenes from beloved movies throughout Disney history.
Are you ready for a family vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort? Now is a great time to plan and our friends at Key to the World Travel are here to help!
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Contact our friends at Key to the World Travel® for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here.
If you love following along for the most up-to-date park information and news, follow us on Instagram too: @themeparkprofessor