Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a deluxe villa resort and Disney Vacation Club property. With a theme celebrating the Pacific Northwest, the vibe is rustic and peaceful with breathtaking views. This resort is also one of the most beautiful during the holiday season.
This resort opened in 2000 and was named the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. It was renamed the Boulder Ridge Villas in 2016. It is the 5th Disney Vacation Club property at the Walt Disney World Resort, with a great location in the Magic Kingdom Resort area. The theme celebrates the great outdoors and the grounds are beautiful and peaceful. Boulder Ridge Villas share many amenities with Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and the Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, including dining and transportation.
Reasons We Love This Resort:
Location: This resort is just a short boat ride away to the Magic Kingdom. There is convenient access to other resorts in the area as well, offering additional dining options.
Theme: The rustic and cozy theme of this whole resort is a favorite! Walk into the main lobby and feel as though you’ve been transported to a national park lodge from the early 2oth century. There is woodwork and detail that is just stunning. The resort is even better during the holiday season too!
Amenities: This resort shares many amenities with Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. With great dining options, a fun pool and water play area, and more, it’s a great choice! Plus, the villas offer a home away from home with conveniences such as a fully-equipped kitchen and laundry in the unit.
- Wi-Fi Service (complimentary wi-fi access in guest rooms, main lobbies, and main pools)
- Dining Options (table service, quick service, and poolside service)
- Business Center (computer services, print services, shipping services, office supplies)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Luggage Service (luggage assistance, valet parking assistance, dry cleaning)
- Laundry Services (in-unit for villas with one or more bedrooms)
- Housekeeping Services
- Valet and Self-Parking
- 24-Hour ATM (near the front desk)
- Front Desk Service (banking and mail)
- Merchandise Delivery and Pickup
- Grocery Orders
- Concierge Service (purchase tickets, upgrade tickets, special requests)
- Salon by the Springs
- Sturdy Branches Health Club
- Safekeeping (in-room safes with safe-keeping boxes available at Front Desk)
- Rapid Fill (refillable mugs)
- Wake-up Call Service
- Disability Service (mobility, hearing, visual, and service animal accommodations)
A Full Range of Accommodations
There are 136 units at this resort, comprised of deluxe studios, 1-, and 2-bedroom villas. Each unit includes standard amenities such as a telephone, free WiFi, a television, a coffeemaker, a hairdryer, an in-room safe, and plenty of storage space. In the deluxe studios, there is a kitchenette area with a mini-refrigerator. In units with at least one bedroom, there is a fully-equipped kitchen and laundry.
- Sleeps up to 5 adults
- Views of Pool, Courtyard, or Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- 1 Queen Bed, 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa, and 1 Single Pull Down Bed
1 Bedroom Villa
- Sleeps up to 4 adults
- Views of Pool, Woodlands, Courtyard, or Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
- 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa
2 Bedroom Villa
- Sleeps up to 8 adults
- Views of Pool, Woodlands, Courtyard, or Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- 1 King Bed, 2 Queen Beds, and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge has several dining options that are great for the whole family. In addition, there is easy access to other restaurants located in the Magic Kingdom Resort area.
All Dining & Lounges
Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White
This character dining experience is available for dinner. It is a prix fixe menu and characters include the Evil Queen, Snow White, Dopey, and Grumpy.
Whispering Canyon Cafe
At this restaurant, enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner in all-you-care-to-enjoy skillets featuring Western-style favorites. Don’t forget to ask for ketchup!
Geyser Point Bar & Grill
This eatery is located poolside and offers beautiful views and delicious menu options. Serving lunch and dinner, guests can please their palate with savory and sweet menu choices while enjoying the beauty of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
This quick-service location offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Mobile ordering is also available.
This bar is a cozy and rustic setting to enjoy snacks, small plates, sweets, and cocktails.
Pools, Grounds, & Recreation
The Boulder Ridge Villas share many amenities and recreational options with Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
The feature pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is the Copper Creek Springs Pool. It features a 67-foot waterslide built into the rocks and a water activity play area for children. There are also hot and cold whirlpool spas. The Geyser Point Bar and Grill is located nearby, serving snacks and drinks and there are plenty of lounge chairs and patio tables to relax and enjoy your day.
The Boulder Ridge Cove pool is more laid-back but still charming, located within the Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. This location has a whirlpool spa and zero-entry pool with several shaded seating areas.
Complimentary towels are provided at both pools.
Bike rentals are available at Teton Boat & Bike Rentals. Explore the resort, enjoying the pine forests and waterways filled with wildlife.
Motorized Boat Rentals
Boat rentals are available in a variety of different sizes. Reservations are not required, and rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Guests must be 18 years of age or older and present a valid driver’s license, state-issued ID, or Military ID to rent a boat. Complimentary life jackets are provided, and required, for all guests under 12 years of age.
Guided fishing excursions are available all year round from Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and are fun for all ages. Guests can choose from a 2-hour or 4-hour excursion with the following included:
- An Experienced guide
- Rod and reel
- Artificial and/or live bait
- Non-alcoholic beverages only (alcoholic beverages are not permitted aboard)
Fishing at the Walt Disney World Resort is catch-and-release only.
Movies Under the Stars
Watch your favorite Disney films on the movie lawn, located between the marina and Geyser Point Bar and Grill. Check with the front desk for a complete schedule.
There are several jogging trails available for guests to enjoy, taking you through meadows and pine woods. Check with the Lobby Concierge for a map.
Buttons and Bells Arcade
With a variety of games for all ages, there is something for everyone at this arcade. You can race cars, play your favorite sports, have a dance-off, and more. You can go head-to-head with a friend or family member or just try for your own high score.
Game cards must be purchased to play. Game points are added using cash or a credit card and the game cards are rechargeable. In addition, these game cards can be used at other Walt Disney World Resort arcades.
Wilderness Lodge Campfire Activities
As the sun goes down, it’s the perfect time to gather around the campfire! There is plenty of family fun waiting, complete with marshmallows for roasting.
Sturdy Branches Health Club
Exercise equipment is readily available to help guests maintain their workout routine while on vacation! The fitness center is open 24 hours a day for guests staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, and Boulder Ridge Villas.
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Transportation
Get around Walt Disney World Resort with ease using these convenient, complimentary transportation options.
How to get to each park:
While staying at Boulder Ridge Villas, you may be wondering how you can get to each park using the free transportation systems offered at Walt Disney World. We have it broken down for you:
- Magic Kingdom: There are free water taxis that offer transportation to the Magic Kingdom. These boats run approximately every 20 minutes from the resort until an hour after the park closes. In the event of inclement weather, buses will be provided.
- EPCOT: There are free resort buses that offer transportation to EPCOT. These buses run approximately every 20 minutes from the resort until an hour after the park closes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: There are free resort buses offer transportation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. These buses run between the resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios approximately every 20 minutes, until 1 hour after the park closes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: There are free resort buses that offer transportation to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. These buses run approximately every 20 minutes from the resort until an hour after the park closes.
- Disney Springs and Water Parks: There are free resort buses that offer transportation to Disney Springs and the water parks nearly every 20 minutes from the resort. Buses typically run for an hour after Disney Springs or the water park close.
*Guests who drive either their own vehicle or a rental car to Walt Disney World should know that a standard overnight self-parking fee of $25 per night will be applied to the guest hotel folio upon check-out. Valet parking is available for $33 per night. Complimentary standard self-parking is available while you enjoy select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at this resort.
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands. Click here for a free, no-obligation quote for your next trip.
Vacation Request Form