The weather may still be warm in Orlando, but a winter-wonderland is about to blow it for the holiday season, as Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park is set to officially re-open to guests on November 6th, 2023! The fan-favorite park has currently been “closed for refurbishment,” according to Disney, since March 19th, 2023, while it’s sister park, Typhoon Lagoon, has cooled down guests in the hot Florida heat throughout the summer & fall.
Once Blizzard Beach officially re-opens from it’s 9-month closure, Typhoon Lagoon will instead go down for refurbishment over the winter, leaving Disney with just one water park open at a time. Guests shouldn’t be alarmed, though, as Disney has kept only one water park open at a time since the end of 2019, as the demand for water-based parks has been significantly lower since the pandemic-forced closure of all parks in 2020.
While there won’t be too much change to be found once Blizzard Beach re-opens from it’s summer hibernation, guests frequenting the park should keep their eyes out for a few new additions to the park!
- A brand new Disney Water Park Seasonal Pass is now available for purchase! According to Disney, the new pass allows guests unlimited visits to Blizzard Beach (or Typhoon Lagoon, upon it’s reopening sometime in 2024) all the way through May 24, 2024. The price is $79 plus tax, for adults & children. The seasonal pass has no block out dates and no reservations are required, & Blizzard Beach does not charge for parking!
- ATTENTION FOODIES: NEW FOOD ALERT! Upon re-opening, Blizzard Beach will have brand new snacks & treats for guests to try, including:
- S’mores Churros – Churro bites topped with graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow whipped cream, chocolate sauce and toasted mini marshmallows, available at Arctic Expeditions
- Banana Split Churros – Churro bites topped with banana slices, sliced strawberries, pineapple chunks, cookie and brownie pieces, chocolate and caramel sauce, whipped cream and a cherry, available at Arctic Expeditions
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings – Brand new food item, available at the Warming Hut
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – Brand new food item, available at the Warming Hut
- Specialty Peppermint Milkshakes – Will be available throughout the holiday season at select locations
- Tike’s Peak Splash Pad has some NEW FRIENDS, added in 2022! The Frozen-themed hangout features new sculptures of Anna & Elsa in their igloo castle, where children can splash & play with the frozen queen & her sister. The new sculptures & the splash pad as a whole were added/updated in 2022 & are ready for the winter season. Of course, Olaf and his Snowgie pals will be there, as well!
Along with all the fantastic new additions coming to the park, all the traditional favorite attractions, food, & theming will be there, as well. Plus, don’t miss out on the daily snow flurries & visits from summer-time Santa at the park, from November 6th all the way through the holiday season. It’s sure to be a chillingly good time at Disney’s Blizzard Beach, starting in just a few weeks!